Freezing misc parts

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I was just moved and really have no space for storage. So, I rented a storage room. The only prob is that it is outside and not heated. I was wondering if I'd do any damage to the misc pc parts I have sitting in a couple of boxes that I wanted to put in there. some of the parts are: cd-rom, ide cables, pci cards old motherboards etc.

Make sure nothing can get wet including the bottom of the box. It might flood when it rains. I'd be wrapping it up in some sort of material then in sealed plastic. Keep it all dry.

Nick, you're a f ing riot!!!

yeah, I actually have it all in tupperware crates, just wanted to make sure I wouldn't do any damage

Also; humidity accumulates places. Make sure whatever you are sealing it in is actually air tight, and won't let in water; humidity, etc.

And make sure nothing heavy falls and bashes the PC parts to pieces.

On a more serious note: as long as the temp is not higher than in a PC, and no water get to the parts (Including humidity), They are safe ;)

One other thing you should do is, any of those silica packages that come in shoe boxes and in other packages, put them into your containers. They will absorb any moistiure that tries to accumulate in the containers cause of the cold.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back