Firefox 3.0 Extension Compatibility

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political Access
I thought we could get a thread going to list all the extensions/add-ons that are 3.0 compatible.

I can add one off the top of my head
GMail Notifier

AdBlock Plus
British English Dictionary
Danish Dictionary
DownThemAll
DriverAgent Plugin
Web Developer

awesome, I'm glad this is picking up steam. I didn't think Tab Mix plus was updated though.

there is a beta/experimental version of TabMix that works with Firefox 3. I have had some compatability problems with TabMix Plus and HeaderSpy (which also works with Firefox 3). Basically, when both are enabled, Ctrl-F4 will close 2 tabs at a time. If I disable either one, it works fine.

So, for the time being, HeaderSpy is disabled as TabMix Plus offers much more usable functionality.

thanks fitz...got the dev build installed and it works great.

Sorry..should have mentioned that. I can't live without Tab Mix Plus so I'm always jumping on whatever new build they put out!

If you have the older version of Web Developer (1.1.4) on the Beta 5 of FF it will not update to version 1.1.6 that works with RC1. It says that the plug-in doesn't support secure updates. So you have to go to the home page for the plug-in and download/install that way. Then it's all happy.

PDF Download version 1.0.1.1 works with RC1
Foxy Tunes version 3 Beta works with RC1 (and the different skins for it), but you have to do the same type of install as "Web Developer".

Free Download Manger plugin works fine

Link please. I use to use a download manager plugin (Download Manager Tweak 0.7.2) that worked great with FF but it stopped getting updated and that was that. Need new one.

a bad idea (but if your desparate to get older plugins working) probably at the expense of problems...
http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;488470447

Point your browser at the URL "about:config", then right-click on the preferences list to bring up the contextual menu. You should see an option that says "New." Select that, and choose "Boolean." When it asks you for the preference name, type "extensions.checkCompatibility" (without the quotes). You have to enter the name exactly. For the value, choose "false." Now restart Firefox. When the browser comes back up, it should give you a warning that version checking is disabled. You can double-check under "Tools:Add-Ons" to make sure everything is activated once again.

i'd rather live without the addon if its not compatible... but at least the option is there for those who like to tweak ;)

a bad idea (but if your desparate to get older plugins working) probably at the expense of problems...
http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;488470447

i'd rather live without the addon if its not compatible... but at least the option is there for those who like to tweak ;)

you can also install the addon NIghtly Tester Tools to override compatibility. The cool thing I found was some addons work perfectly fine with it overridden but some doing.

Recently found one called Text Link that lets you double click links that do not have a hyperlink attached to them and automatically take you to that site in a new tab.

Also DownThemAll

Last edited:
there is a beta/experimental version of TabMix that works with Firefox 3. I have had some compatability problems with TabMix Plus and HeaderSpy (which also works with Firefox 3). Basically, when both are enabled, Ctrl-F4 will close 2 tabs at a time. If I disable either one, it works fine.

So, for the time being, HeaderSpy is disabled as TabMix Plus offers much more usable functionality.

TabsMixPlus for 3.0 has finally been released today.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1122

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back