[Finished] OSNN & HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Re: OSNN HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway Now Over!

That's what she said :smoker:

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!

Just thought I'd do a short write-up of my first day with the Dragon.

It's one hell of a beast!! Everything seems to be running smoothly, and I'm loving the gorgeous display on it. Wow. Just wow.

I haven't really had much time to try out everything, as it took some time removing all the bloatware on it, but I did get a chance to play my favourite game - Oblivion. I put it on max details, 1920 x 1200 resolution and 2x anti-aliasing and it was running much better than my old laptop did at lowest graphics settings in VGA! Pretty impressive.

The speakers are LOUUUUD!!!! :)

I'll fill you in later on :)

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User

Awesome Mizzle! Get some pictures up!!

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User

Get a laptop cooler to go under it if you're gonna use it for any serious gaming. Don't wanna overheat it. I wonder if they make one big enough?

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User

This thread is worthless without photos.

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User

we want them now, its part of the contact :p

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User

This thread is still worthless.

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Staff member
Political User

if he was handing out cookies with the pics you would wait and not find it worthless :p

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User

That's crazy to have a screen that big, can't wait to see teh pics :D

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User

Not bad :)

Mizzle, you got 4 phones? Ya damn toy junkie. :p

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!

nah, just a few laying around. got way more :)

Couldn't be bothered removing them :D am busy reviewing a few of them at the moment :)

Mizzle

Oh, now I know...!

Thought I'd start on a bit of a review here. Software and performance first.

Below is the Windows Experience Index rating. Everything is at 5.0 or more, meaning this machine will be among the best in every single category, especially on the graphics point of view with its Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS (512 MB) graphics card.

The machine is running stock drivers, so it might get even better with driver updates.

After removing all the HP and alike bloatware on it, I managed to get the amount of used RAM memory down to about 1.20 GB at boot. I find this extremely high, and can't quite figure out why it's that high. Anyway, the Dragon still runs smoothly, and being it's running Vista 64-bit, it's capable of putting all 4 gigs of RAM memory to use. That's rather nice, especially as I believe some of it is shared with the video card.

As said, lots of - in my opinion - bloatware on it. Some of it was useful though, and it even came with Sims 2 Life Stories or something like that. I set it to max graphics and put it at the highest resolution, and everything was running smoothly. Not a game for me though. I also reported about its performance in Oblivion just earlier on - quite impressed by that.

I really like the Media center software. it's easy to use and it's rather good for what it does. I did experience a few bugs, though, and it also froze on me once, so I had to shut the whole thing down. Same did the QuickPlay software by HP, though. Not really impressed with QuickPlay to be honest. It's a bit slow, and it makes the computer freeze for quite a bit when loading stuff. It's good for Bluray movies, though, and only ate up 30-40% of the CPU in power saving mode.

Hmm, don't know what else to write at the moment, actually. Feel free to ask :) I'm sure I'll have more to add tomorrow, with lots of photos.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
orgaslistin