[Finished] OSNN & HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OSNN HP Pavillion HDX Dragon Giveaway Now Over!

It's freaking awesome!!!! :D

That's what she said :smoker:

Just thought I'd do a short write-up of my first day with the Dragon.

It's one hell of a beast!! Everything seems to be running smoothly, and I'm loving the gorgeous display on it. Wow. Just wow.

I haven't really had much time to try out everything, as it took some time removing all the bloatware on it, but I did get a chance to play my favourite game - Oblivion. I put it on max details, 1920 x 1200 resolution and 2x anti-aliasing and it was running much better than my old laptop did at lowest graphics settings in VGA! Pretty impressive.

The speakers are LOUUUUD!!!! :)

I'll fill you in later on :)

Awesome Mizzle! Get some pictures up!!

Get a laptop cooler to go under it if you're gonna use it for any serious gaming. Don't wanna overheat it. I wonder if they make one big enough?

This thread is worthless without photos.

Pictures coming tomorrow :)

we want them now, its part of the contact :p

This thread is still worthless.

if he was handing out cookies with the pics you would wait and not find it worthless :p

That's crazy to have a screen that big, can't wait to see teh pics :D

Well? PICTURES!

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

I'm setting up my cam just now :)

Here are some :) A few more will come in a sec. sorry about the use of flash, it's rather dark here.

Attachments

• DSC_2539.jpg
    DSC_2539.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 234
  • DSC_2540.jpg
    DSC_2540.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_2541.jpg
    DSC_2541.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_2542.jpg
    DSC_2542.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 216
  • DSC_2543.jpg
    DSC_2543.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 222

and the last three. will upload many more tomorrow when the light is better.

Attachments

• DSC_2544.jpg
    DSC_2544.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 218
  • DSC_2545.jpg
    DSC_2545.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 228
  • DSC_2546.jpg
    DSC_2546.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 573

Not bad :)

Mizzle, you got 4 phones? Ya damn toy junkie. :p

nah, just a few laying around. got way more :)

Couldn't be bothered removing them :D am busy reviewing a few of them at the moment :)

Thought I'd start on a bit of a review here. Software and performance first.

Below is the Windows Experience Index rating. Everything is at 5.0 or more, meaning this machine will be among the best in every single category, especially on the graphics point of view with its Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTS (512 MB) graphics card.

The machine is running stock drivers, so it might get even better with driver updates.

After removing all the HP and alike bloatware on it, I managed to get the amount of used RAM memory down to about 1.20 GB at boot. I find this extremely high, and can't quite figure out why it's that high. Anyway, the Dragon still runs smoothly, and being it's running Vista 64-bit, it's capable of putting all 4 gigs of RAM memory to use. That's rather nice, especially as I believe some of it is shared with the video card.

As said, lots of - in my opinion - bloatware on it. Some of it was useful though, and it even came with Sims 2 Life Stories or something like that. I set it to max graphics and put it at the highest resolution, and everything was running smoothly. Not a game for me though. I also reported about its performance in Oblivion just earlier on - quite impressed by that.

I really like the Media center software. it's easy to use and it's rather good for what it does. I did experience a few bugs, though, and it also froze on me once, so I had to shut the whole thing down. Same did the QuickPlay software by HP, though. Not really impressed with QuickPlay to be honest. It's a bit slow, and it makes the computer freeze for quite a bit when loading stuff. It's good for Bluray movies, though, and only ate up 30-40% of the CPU in power saving mode.

Hmm, don't know what else to write at the moment, actually. Feel free to ask :) I'm sure I'll have more to add tomorrow, with lots of photos.

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 360
  • WEI.jpg
    WEI.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 242

Very nice, very, very nice. I hate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back