Final upgrade list

tommy said:
You'll be fine i upgraded and built mine few months back for the first time it was great learning
Also wouldn't mind knowing how silent that psu is :)

Heh, ok - I'll try and do a review on it perhaps, or just say "it's crap" or "it works." lol. I've stripped my pc to parts before, that was fun learning. It'll just be a bit more scary when i'm playing with my last 6 months worth of savings in expensive hardware :lick:

hmm.. I wana upgrade. Originally planned to do it over xmas, but now it's postponed. lol :p
duno how long, I guess I'll just wait till there are sufficient stock of NF4 boards available.

ming said:
hmm.. I wana upgrade. Originally planned to do it over xmas, but now it's postponed. lol :p
duno how long, I guess I'll just wait till there are sufficient stock of NF4 boards available.

I was stuck between waiting or buying, but i've waited this long :( Thought i better buy it now. Bet ya it'll go down a few hundred quid as soon as I hit the "buy" button :rolleyes:

Moonwraith said:
I was stuck between waiting or buying, but i've waited this long :( Thought i better buy it now. Bet ya it'll go down a few hundred quid as soon as I hit the "buy" button :rolleyes:

I was thinking along the same lines and getting a NF3-250 board, but couldn't decide on whether to continue waiting for the NF4 or getting what's available. Now I may end up waiting til summer 2005 or even 2006. lol :crosseyed:

ming said:
I was thinking along the same lines and getting a NF3-250 board, but couldn't decide on whether to continue waiting for the NF4 or getting what's available. Now I may end up waiting til summer 2005 or even 2006. lol :crosseyed:

I have to buy now, i can't save anymore because i'm now on a tight schedule to save £1000 for car insurance. You need that kind of pressue behind you to decide when to buy mate :)

Moon wraith, could you PM me the total cost of your new rig, once you have everything in place, please? ;) thx

whoa.. why are you using value select memory with a FX processor? Wouldn't that hinder the performance? Or are you not into gaming and all that stuff?

I spent 120 quid on it about 4/5 months ago, I can't afford anything better at the mo, I'm not the greatest gamer but i'd like everything to work on the best settings obviously. It's not bad ram :(

The only mem i own is either corsair value select 2x 512
or Samsung pc2700 2x 256

The corsairs helped this rig out a lot, if i can push it i'll buy some of the ballistix crucial stuff, but that won't be for a while, at least after feb

I'm not against the choice of ram. It just seems to be a strange combination having such a high-end processor and, to a certain extent, a low-end memory. :p

Then again, I'm probably over-spending on the Corsair TwinX3200XL Pro if I did build my PC.

ming said:
I'm not against the choice of ram. It just seems to be a strange combination having such a high-end processor and, to a certain extent, a low-end memory. :p

Then again, I'm probably over-spending on the Corsair TwinX3200XL Pro if I did build my PC.

<cries from abuse> It's not low-end! <goes into denial>

It's all i could afford, and my mobo only runs pc2100- pc2700. I was tricked! It said corsair, i jumped at the oppurtunity.

(Actually, protecting myself here. It's not bad at all, runs things nicely atm, I suppose we'll see! :eek: )

:p value ram is never neccessarily bad ram, i used ebuyers value ram before and it never done me wrong :)

Thank you! <glares at ming> heh Sorry, over protective of my "el-cheapo" ram (As i'm sure Sazar would put it)

If it all goes to pot or runs games really poorly, i'll come back and kiss your feet and ask for help choosing ram, k? :lick:

Moonwraith said:
Thank you! <glares at ming> heh Sorry, over protective of my "el-cheapo" ram (As i'm sure Sazar would put it)

If it all goes to pot or runs games really poorly, i'll come back and kiss your feet and ask for help choosing ram, k? :lick:

ewww.. foot fetish. :p

:suprised: Where's the topic? It's gone!

hehe. Cheers for the input everyone, I'll order, come back- hunt down ming, I mean - thank him.

*runs like a headless chicken*

Hope it all goes well. :)
If it turns out crap, give me the processor. lol :p jk mate.

ming said:
*runs like a headless chicken*

Hope it all goes well. :)
If it turns out crap, give me the processor. lol :p jk mate.

:laugh: <- see, now that is meant to be laugh, but it looks.. very very demented. The type of laugh I just..laughed :)

Nah, cheers. I won't kill anyone if it doesn't work. I'll just put a curse on ya.
Heh, ta again everyone

ming said:

That ram is what i own it kicks ass :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back