Final upgrade list

Anyone got any ideas? :nervous: There's like 15 quid difference between the two. Ones listed as:
Neo Power Psu/atx 12v 480w V2.0

Antec Neopower 480 Watt - Power Supply ATX V2.0 24pin UK

(updated the link above)

I was going to say that one of them looks like an OEM product (i.e without any bundles), but i'm not entirely sure myself. Hope someone else can shed some light on this :)

onimkron said:
I was going to say that one of them looks like an OEM product (i.e without any bundles), but i'm not entirely sure myself. Hope someone else can shed some light on this :)

Cheers Onimkron, I've not got a clue either :( S'not good.

I'll just have to spam this and see if anyone else has a clue :nervous:

How much faster does the FX processors run over the standard Athlon64's?

I would be carefull about overclocking memory, back in the day i o/ced some pc100 to pc133 and it worked.
well seemed to
after a while i started gettin random crashes and so on.
gave it to my brother and got some new ram and was all fine again lol..

anyhow be careful :p

ming said:
How much faster does the FX processors run over the standard Athlon64's?
The a64 4000+ (fastest atm) runs at 2.4, the same speed as the old FX-53. The FX-55 runs at 2.6ghz (the fastest yet) and it has unlockable multipliers iirc

More importantly, anyone else have a clue why there's two of the same PSU's listed?! <Cries>

One says 24pin - which is the new ATX connectors, well the current for servers but soon to be used on nforce 4 and future BTX boards, you think the other is the standard 20 pin?

Really stuck now

You should be looking for the 24-pin ATX v2.03 PSU for newer motherboards as the additional 4-pins are meant to stabalise the current/voltage going through the motherboard. NForce 4 motherboards will require the new ATX PSU especially those that have PCI-e. There are adapters available for 20-24 pins as well as 24-20pins.

Well from what I've read the Neo2 is that it's a 20pin. I know of the adapters, and actually 4 pins can just overhang when a 24 is plugged into a 20. But I'm still completely stuck as to why the same PSU is listed twice, one with full specs, and one with hardly any information listed as the same thing for 15 quid cheaper?!

Anyone spotting something I'm missing? :(

Actually, that might give a hint as to what kind of plug is supplied. :p

Cheers ming :) That at least shows that the 90 pound one is the GB plug/model. The cheaper one doesn't have a model number but has NEOPOWER 480 UK which is damn confusing still heh, I think i'll just go nuts and go for the 90 one to be sure.

Anyone used this PSU btw? I've heard the neo2 platinum can be quite tempremental with PSUs. e.g. one psu works for some people and not for others (just read a lot about OCZ one's playing up.)

Just wary that i'm going to buy all this stuff and something's not going to work. (sorry, but yeah- I am a n00b)

From a review in custompc, it's supposed to be pretty stable on the two 12v rails. It's also got an added advtange of a 6-pin pci-e graphics card power connector, so maybe it's a good one for the long run :)

I'm using a different antec product on my neo2, and it seems to work well. I haven't benchmarked it or anything, with if it can cope with an oc'ed 6800gt, i'm happy with it :)

onimkron said:
From a review in custompc, it's supposed to be pretty stable on the two 12v rails. It's also got an added advtange of a 6-pin pci-e graphics card power connector, so maybe it's a good one for the long run :)

I'm using a different antec product on my neo2, and it seems to work well. I haven't benchmarked it or anything, with if it can cope with an oc'ed 6800gt, i'm happy with it :)

Cheers mate, right well I'll go with the 90 quid one, if it doesn't work I'll cry but nm eh? I'll just come back here and moan some more.

Cheers again

I think the 6-pin connector is only required if you're using SLi. Might be mistaken on this, but that's what I recall seeing.

I'm not going PCI-E or SLi for now anyways, it might be useful to the future though

tommy said:
When do you start the ordering? Keep us posted!

Heh, I will do! This is the biggest/best upgrade I've ever made.
<calculates> I've got exams from the 10th till the 24th. I decided not to buy then, because basically i'd avoid revision even more :nervous: I'll probably order so that the parts arrive early on the week of the 24th, so the computer will be together and built before the end of the month

Wish me luck :)

You'll be fine i upgraded and built mine few months back for the first time it was great learning
Also wouldn't mind knowing how silent that psu is :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back