File Used, But Not!!!

K

kwantum

Sometimes when I try to rename or move or delete a file, i will get an error message that says it is being used by another process, but it is not. I have tried closing all programs/processes, but I still receive this message. Is this a bug?

yeah, that used to happen to me too. and it's not a bug, just the file protection "thing"..anywayz, since i did the always unload dll tweak that u can find right here on xp-erience, that has never happen to me again. i cant say for sure it's because of the dll tweak, but i'm still without the message since..
hope it helps you 2..:)

If there are more than one user on the computer and the file you wish to delete is available to those other users (even though they are not logged on or using the computer), then that file can't be deleted. XP protects that file in case the other user needs/wants it.

P.S.
This is just my thought on the subject, and it could be nonsense.

well i only have the 1 user and the guest account is off, so i don't think that's it. i also have tweakxp set to "force windows to unload dlls from memory."

Just wait for the preview to show up before you rename it or push delete

I had that problem with some mp3s i moved them , then moved them back and they said they were always in use. Anyway if you dont need the files you can boot in safe mode and delete them. that work for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back