[Feedback Wanted] Proposed Frontpage Changes

Which font(s) out of the five do you like? You may pick more than one.

• Font #1

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Font #2

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Font #3

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Font #4

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Font #5

• None. Go back to the old font!

• Total voters

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Why don't you do a mock up front page again, with all your button tweeks and stuff. But using the Segoe UI font. Take a screen shot of it and post it. This way we all see it and we can post if it is what we are all seeing or not and also comment if it really is too narrow/big or looks like ass. :)
Alright, how about this - I've created a poll, so everyone can vote. :)

Here's a set of 5 screenshots, each using a different font. The files are named with a number. Vote for the ones you like (you can pick more than one font).

Again, if you don't remember what the frontpage looked like before the font changes, look at the left side of the comparison screenshot.

Last edited:

Mainframeguy

Debiant by way of Ubuntu
woo hoo! First to vote was me! Any one have any thoughts about my idea on the logo front? Oh yeah and I forgot to mention on my initial post, but what brought me here was the noticing that sigs were bigger with the change (That IE7 from Derek really was in my face!).... anyone else have any feelings about this? I have a feeling we should revisit the guidelines - but that may cause an outcry (to which I say it is time to relook at your sig and a fresh look all round right down to forum sigs would do no harm... could even have larger sigs for the subscribers :p ;) )

Aprox

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
I voted for font #2, seems to be a good balance between readability and size, it also didn't seem to make my eyes strain.

The poll percentage isn't adding up correctly btw, not sure if that is a problem :)

25%
75%
25%
50%
0%
0%

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
woo hoo! First to vote was me! Any one have any thoughts about my idea on the logo front? Oh yeah and I forgot to mention on my initial post, but what brought me here was the noticing that sigs were bigger with the change (That IE7 from Derek really was in my face!).... anyone else have any feelings about this? I have a feeling we should revisit the guidelines - but that may cause an outcry (to which I say it is time to relook at your sig and a fresh look all round right down to forum sigs would do no harm... could even have larger sigs for the subscribers :p ;) )
I fixed my sig, and the requirements for signatures are already set and fine so no need to visit that. As has been said many times before, there is a script in place that cuts them off if they are too large or outside of the guidlines.

I also voted, looks like I am all alone on font #5

gonaads

Beware the G-Man
Political User
2 and 4 look good to me also. If 4 could be sized smaller it could be perfect. Well, either or.

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
Well, it looks like people had enough time to vote. :)

FYI, #2 was Segoe UI and #4 was Verdana, so there was a tie between them. It looks like EP has already changed the front-page font to Verdana. Any thoughts?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Looks OK to me, although I agree we should get rid of the "last comment by" section

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
I just noticed that EP also replaced the small images for View, News Source, etc.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Yeah, dunno if I like em to be honest, will have to keep trying until I get something that looks good.

Is hard at 15x15 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leeja201912