[Feedback Wanted] Proposed Frontpage Changes

Which font(s) out of the five do you like? You may pick more than one.

• Font #1

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Font #2

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Font #3

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Font #4

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Font #5

• None. Go back to the old font!

• Total voters
Why don't you do a mock up front page again, with all your button tweeks and stuff. But using the Segoe UI font. Take a screen shot of it and post it. This way we all see it and we can post if it is what we are all seeing or not and also comment if it really is too narrow/big or looks like ass. :)
Alright, how about this - I've created a poll, so everyone can vote. :)

Here's a set of 5 screenshots, each using a different font. The files are named with a number. Vote for the ones you like (you can pick more than one font).

Again, if you don't remember what the frontpage looked like before the font changes, look at the left side of the comparison screenshot.

Last edited:
woo hoo! First to vote was me! Any one have any thoughts about my idea on the logo front? Oh yeah and I forgot to mention on my initial post, but what brought me here was the noticing that sigs were bigger with the change (That IE7 from Derek really was in my face!).... anyone else have any feelings about this? I have a feeling we should revisit the guidelines - but that may cause an outcry (to which I say it is time to relook at your sig and a fresh look all round right down to forum sigs would do no harm... could even have larger sigs for the subscribers :p ;) )

I voted for font #2, seems to be a good balance between readability and size, it also didn't seem to make my eyes strain.

The poll percentage isn't adding up correctly btw, not sure if that is a problem :)

25%
75%
25%
50%
0%
0%

woo hoo! First to vote was me! Any one have any thoughts about my idea on the logo front? Oh yeah and I forgot to mention on my initial post, but what brought me here was the noticing that sigs were bigger with the change (That IE7 from Derek really was in my face!).... anyone else have any feelings about this? I have a feeling we should revisit the guidelines - but that may cause an outcry (to which I say it is time to relook at your sig and a fresh look all round right down to forum sigs would do no harm... could even have larger sigs for the subscribers :p ;) )

I fixed my sig, and the requirements for signatures are already set and fine so no need to visit that. As has been said many times before, there is a script in place that cuts them off if they are too large or outside of the guidlines.

I also voted, looks like I am all alone on font #5

2 + 4 seem good. 1 i could live with.

2 and 4 look good to me also. If 4 could be sized smaller it could be perfect. Well, either or.

Well, it looks like people had enough time to vote. :)

FYI, #2 was Segoe UI and #4 was Verdana, so there was a tie between them. It looks like EP has already changed the front-page font to Verdana. Any thoughts?

Looks OK to me, although I agree we should get rid of the "last comment by" section

I just noticed that EP also replaced the small images for View, News Source, etc.

Yeah, dunno if I like em to be honest, will have to keep trying until I get something that looks good.

Is hard at 15x15 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back