February, 2006 Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen Sazar's? ha, ha.

Show it! NOW!#^ =]

:laugh:

There's nothing really wrong with Saz's desktop. It's more minamilist then some of his other d'tops, but also what he likes ;)

BTW, you want to talk about d'tops that one shouldn't show if it's their own, if I end up seeing one of em d'tops in the networking lab that gets as messed up as they were 1 semester, I'm posting it :D Call that an example of what not to do, unless one likes the too cluttered to find anything look Ugh...

Not only was the d'top loaded with icons galore, and strewn about in any random order, but to get into the routers there were about 20 or more hyperterminal entries in the start menu as people kept making their own (non-descriptive) titles and no one would know which entry went to which location. The person who actually installed AO-Hell software on em computers, just about took the cake. All that was lacking, was renaming the names of many shortcuts, so one wouldn't easily see what progs they went too :eek: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKK!!!!

I will say this much, after having seen that d'top on a number of comps in the classroom, I can appreciate a more minamalist approach, even if it is a bit more minamilist then I would make it myself...

Grandmaster said:
It's a trade secret :p

It's easy. I took an image of my laptop. Then I got my desktop ready. Press "Prnt Screen". Go into Photoshop, paste the desktop into a new document. Then open up the laptop image. Resize the pasted desktop so that it is the size of the laptop screen. Place the desktop on top of the laptop screen.
That's a pretty sweet trick bro, I'm not that talented with Photoshop :)

wwwdjrcs said:
That's a pretty sweet trick bro, I'm not that talented with Photoshop :)

To be honest with you, I'm sure even a complete beginner could pull it off. You've used Print Screen before right?

All you have to do is resize the image so that it is smaller and fits the Dell screen.

If you've used the drawing tools in Word, you can pull this off :p

My graphical talents are limited to Paint, which is actually a pretty powerful utility :)

Sort of like this (took two seconds and looks crappy compared to o_____'s).

Last edited:

Work Desktop
VS: Energy Blue 1.0.8 (modified)
WP: Start Something

I took GM's idea because it was neat.

mine went wrong.

Attachments

• dwsk.JPG
    dwsk.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 99
Andy, I love XP/Vista crosses and I absolutely love that wall. I wish it came in widescreen format.

Thank you.

I need some new wallpapers, where do y'all get them from?

What do you mean, where do we get them, there are so many places with good walls. That makes me think, we should have our own collection of wallpapers here on osnn.

Bman™ said:
What do you mean, where do we get them, there are so many places with good walls. That makes me think, we should have our own collection of wallpapers here on osnn.

Obviously, but I wasn't sure if you guys had favorite places. Like Deviant Art for example, sheesh :lick:

madmatt said:

Thanks madmatt, I figured that's where they came from.

Or I get them from Andy. We have similar tastes.

I'll have to check that site out later when I get home, in about 10 hours :s

Yeah, Deviant art is a great place to get wallpapers. Another one is: http://www.socksoff.co.uk/ : I got this one off of here, I do not remember the nice lads name who gave me the link, but, thanx goes out to him anyhow ..

Johnny said:
Yeah, Deviant art is a great place to get wallpapers. Another one is: http://www.socksoff.co.uk/ : I got this one off of here, I do not remember the nice lads name who gave me the link, but, thanx goes out to him anyhow ..

That's an excellent link. So much quality stuff is linked on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinit
Back