• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Explorer is unstable

W

wootonius

I have a small problem with Explorer. For some reason (and this is only a recent development) Explorer sometimes takes up over 200 megs of ram and becomes no longer able to preform simple tasks such as opening the start menu without much delay. Does anyone know of a possible cause or a possible fix for this problem?
-Mike

ya sometimes this happens..just a bug..prob gonna be fixed with sp1..btw, did u install anything just before this happened?
it did happen to me one time right after i had installed nero and had a cd copy that went wrong..but after a disk cleanup and a defrag it went back to normal..hope this can help u ...:)

E

Egosum

I've also this problem (and also sometimes explorer crash).

For me it's a quite recent problem.

The first month I have winXP it never occur.

of course I've installed a lot of things since (and do all the win Update)...

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saryrehgy