Explorer is unstable

W

wootonius

I have a small problem with Explorer. For some reason (and this is only a recent development) Explorer sometimes takes up over 200 megs of ram and becomes no longer able to preform simple tasks such as opening the start menu without much delay. Does anyone know of a possible cause or a possible fix for this problem?
-Mike

Does this only happen at startup or after the computer has been on for a while?

ya sometimes this happens..just a bug..prob gonna be fixed with sp1..btw, did u install anything just before this happened?
it did happen to me one time right after i had installed nero and had a cd copy that went wrong..but after a disk cleanup and a defrag it went back to normal..hope this can help u ...:)

I've also this problem (and also sometimes explorer crash).

For me it's a quite recent problem.

The first month I have winXP it never occur.

of course I've installed a lot of things since (and do all the win Update)...

I'd do a full virus scan just to rule out (or in) that possibility.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back