excellent antivirus/firewall package

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok, I just got a new laptop to use for notes and stuff when i go to Lincoln Technical Institute. Even though it probably won't be connected to the internet for extended amounts of time like my desktop, what is one of the best anti-virus/firewall bundles available? On the desktop i use McAfee and i like it very much, but i was just wondering if there is anything better than it.

Enyo

OSNN Veteran Addict
I suggest you drop by the security forum and take a read, checkout the Polls and the threads i have liked to at the start of the AV poll.

NIS is a good all round package, if your looking to bundle thats the best option.

But you could save some cash and get Kerio Firewall and AVG 6 which are both free and very functional.

As I say, checkout the security section alot of discussion relating to this topic. :)

Enyo

OSNN Veteran Addict
No, ive never really liked McAfee solutions.

In terms of the AV component norton does better than McAfee in testing but both normally pass the VB100 tests (see security forum).

McAfee firewall is also poor IMO, thats not to say its insecure or does not work well its just that i dont like it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arrangel