excellent antivirus/firewall package

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok, I just got a new laptop to use for notes and stuff when i go to Lincoln Technical Institute. Even though it probably won't be connected to the internet for extended amounts of time like my desktop, what is one of the best anti-virus/firewall bundles available? On the desktop i use McAfee and i like it very much, but i was just wondering if there is anything better than it.

I suggest you drop by the security forum and take a read, checkout the Polls and the threads i have liked to at the start of the AV poll.

NIS is a good all round package, if your looking to bundle thats the best option.

But you could save some cash and get Kerio Firewall and AVG 6 which are both free and very functional.

As I say, checkout the security section alot of discussion relating to this topic. :)

Do any of you think that McAfee is a good choice too? i seem to like it because it seems to do more to protect my computer than Norton does.

No, ive never really liked McAfee solutions.

In terms of the AV component norton does better than McAfee in testing but both normally pass the VB100 tests (see security forum).

McAfee firewall is also poor IMO, thats not to say its insecure or does not work well its just that i dont like it ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back