• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Evolution or Thunderbird

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Which would be better to use?

I do know that t-bird has a junk filter.

I don't know anything about evolution.

Your thoughts?

Gonna setup my wife's email client on our workstation.

Heeter

Dark Atheist

Staff member
Political User
thunderbird does have a junk filter, you have to turn it on and tell it to learn whats junk and whats not, or you could just tell it to use the spam headers from spamassin or spampal

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Thanks guys,

They do look pretty much the same, was just wondering is one had more features/problems than the other.

Heeter

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
If you use Evolution I'd recommend using the bogofilter spam plugin instead of spamassassin. I've been using Evolution lately and it seems much nicer than it used to, namely it doesn't just randomly crash on me.

jimmj43

OSNN One Post Wonder
Related question: Years ago, when I was still a Windoze user, I learned that by not using Outlook Express AT ALL, sharply reduced my risk of nasties - regardless of what neato paint job I had on it. Eudora for example, piggybacked Outlook Express. But it was just cargo riding the same potentially-infected train.

Unless I've been drinking ENTIRELY TOO MUCH, I see Thunderbird as being web-based rather than resident, and therefore less susceptible to infection by nasties.

Granted, "nasties" + "Linux" = "oil" + "water" (generally speaking), but still....

fitz

Woah.. I'm still here?
Staff member
Political User
*takes jimmj43's drinks away* :p

Thunderbird isn't web based.. Eudora didn't piggy back off outlook express either. They are both self-contained applications that can do POP3 or IMAP directly from the desktop.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies