Evolution or Thunderbird

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Which would be better to use?

I do know that t-bird has a junk filter.

I don't know anything about evolution.

Your thoughts?

Gonna setup my wife's email client on our workstation.

Heeter

thunderbird does have a junk filter, you have to turn it on and tell it to learn whats junk and whats not, or you could just tell it to use the spam headers from spamassin or spampal

evolution, also has a junk filter. Really just a choice.

Thanks guys,

They do look pretty much the same, was just wondering is one had more features/problems than the other.

Heeter

Thunderbird if you need just a mail client. Evolution if you also need calendaring and interfacing to Microsoft Exchange.

If you use Evolution I'd recommend using the bogofilter spam plugin instead of spamassassin. I've been using Evolution lately and it seems much nicer than it used to, namely it doesn't just randomly crash on me.

Evolution has a cooler name.

Thunderbird is so 2005/2006.

Related question: Years ago, when I was still a Windoze user, I learned that by not using Outlook Express AT ALL, sharply reduced my risk of nasties - regardless of what neato paint job I had on it. Eudora for example, piggybacked Outlook Express. But it was just cargo riding the same potentially-infected train.

Unless I've been drinking ENTIRELY TOO MUCH, I see Thunderbird as being web-based rather than resident, and therefore less susceptible to infection by nasties.

Granted, "nasties" + "Linux" = "oil" + "water" (generally speaking), but still....

*takes jimmj43's drinks away* :p

Thunderbird isn't web based.. Eudora didn't piggy back off outlook express either. They are both self-contained applications that can do POP3 or IMAP directly from the desktop.

Evobird? or Thunderlution?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back