Evga Nvidia 6800 128mb Review (well kinda)

lancer

There is no answer!
Political Access
Ok i bought this card yesterday and i have to say i'm mildly impressed, but not as much as i thought i was going to be, i expected it to fun Far cry on top spec with both AA AF at 1024x768, perfectly, but alas it does not. it will run at top spec but with AA at x1 and af off.

Is this the usual findings?

I think perhaps my expectations where too high, because the graphics in my games don't look too different to when i was using my msi 5600xt 128mb card.

But Riddick plays very well i have the shaders to the highest lvl, CS also looks great with all specs and AA AF all the way up.

I think i'm gonna do the stepup program with evga, where you send the card in and just pay the difference for the higher card. i'll probably get the 6800gt, but is it worth just saying F&*k it and going for the ultra.

The 6800 is good and i only like to play my games in 1024x768 anyway. But i did expect something a little more amazing. do you think my processor is an issue?

Well since i posted this, i built myself a whole new system, well i've ordered the parts anyway, i did previously have a amd xp2400, so the new processor is quite a step up, i'm hoping, even though the mhz is lower, but i don't think we can go by mhz alone anymore when looking at cpu's

Well, what processor / memory / HD specs do you have in your current rig?

processor maybe an issue, as I have a XT9600 ATI card with a 3.2Ghz processor and it seems to run Farcry fine on max settings.

You will always find a performance hit with antialiasing and anisotropic filtering enabled. The higher the level themore the hit.

The graphics on Doom III and Half life 2 should be different from the FX5600. as with that card, those games default to lower in game settings cutting out effects etc due to a performance issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back