• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Event Viewer

nod32

OSNN Addict
Everytime I turn on my computer, these 2 errors appear in event viewer under system:

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

The DVDRIVER service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I have to update my BIOS to fix the first one but I've never done one before.

I have no idea about the second one

Any ideas?
Thanks

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Have you checked in your services management to find out if the DVDRIVER service is disabled?

If it is, enable it :)

If it is already enabled, double-click the service and click on the "Dependencies" tab. See if anything there catches your eye that may be malfunctioning. Also, if it is enabled already, try to manually start/stop the service and check your event log for errors.

nod32

OSNN Addict
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 19/02/2006
Time: 3:25:39 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MATT

Description:
The DVDRIVER service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Admiral Michael

Michaelsoft Systems CEO
I to have a ghost service:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 2/21/2006
Time: 1:03:58 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CODY
Description:
The VMM service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
NO idea whats its from but I dont have any problems with the computer.

American Zombie

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
Sometimes these are driver (Non-Plug and Play) entries from something you had uninstalled but the entry remained in device manager.

Start > Run > devmgmt.msc

At the top of device manager window click on View > show hidden devices

Now the entry for Non-Plug and Play drivers will show up so see if any have ! marks. If so then uninstall them or try to update the driver.

Cool info. I have a hidden device that has a splat on it. Amusingly the functions associated with that driver work fine.

Now I get to figure out what the 30 out of the 40 hidden devices listed are that I don't recognize and if I still want/need them. A project for this weekend! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evaiwhitis