Event Viewer

nod32

OSNN Addict
Everytime I turn on my computer, these 2 errors appear in event viewer under system:

AMLI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal IO port address (0xcf8), which lies in the 0xcf8 - 0xcff protected address range. This could lead to system instability. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

The DVDRIVER service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I have to update my BIOS to fix the first one but I've never done one before.

I have no idea about the second one

Any ideas?
Thanks

Have you checked in your services management to find out if the DVDRIVER service is disabled?

If it is, enable it :)

If it is already enabled, double-click the service and click on the "Dependencies" tab. See if anything there catches your eye that may be malfunctioning. Also, if it is enabled already, try to manually start/stop the service and check your event log for errors.

Thanks for your response.

I checked, but DVDRIVER isn't even on the list.:suprised:

Odd.

Can you post the entire error related to that entry?

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 19/02/2006
Time: 3:25:39 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MATT

Description:
The DVDRIVER service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I to have a ghost service:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000
Date: 2/21/2006
Time: 1:03:58 PM
User: N/A
Computer: CODY
Description:
The VMM service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the file specified.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

NO idea whats its from but I dont have any problems with the computer.

Sometimes these are driver (Non-Plug and Play) entries from something you had uninstalled but the entry remained in device manager.

Start > Run > devmgmt.msc

At the top of device manager window click on View > show hidden devices

Now the entry for Non-Plug and Play drivers will show up so see if any have ! marks. If so then uninstall them or try to update the driver.

Cool info. I have a hidden device that has a splat on it. Amusingly the functions associated with that driver work fine.

Now I get to figure out what the 30 out of the 40 hidden devices listed are that I don't recognize and if I still want/need them. A project for this weekend! :)

Wow. You are a genius

I had one invalid entry, I uninstalled it and the errors gone. Thanks a bunch! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back