• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

event: 4 source: serial unable to create the symbolic for \device\serial0

Aljeebo

OSNN One Post Wonder
Sorry, title should read: event: 4 source: serial - unable to create the symbolic link for \device\serial0.

Hi everyone, it's jubbly to be here. I hope you can help me!

I have upgraded a laptop from ME to XP Home. All devices are installed OK and no problems reported in Device Manager.

When I attempt to connect to the internet using a dial up connection XP reports that the modem is either currently in use or is not configured correctly. Also, when I try to query the modem I get a similar message.

I uninstalled the modem and reinstalled - no fix. Changed cable, wall-socket etc.

I have checked installed programs for Palm/synchronisation software. I have disabled IrDA in DM. I have reinstalled COM1, I've tried using COM3 - no good.

"unable to create the symbolic link for device\serial0." is the only warning event of any significance. Event:4 Source:serial

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Al :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage