Error after installing gamepad hardware

D

donkey

I just bought a Thrustmaster Firestorm Wireless Gamepad and installed.

It worked fine at the start but now when I run a game that I use it with (NBA Live 2003), it exits to a blue screen that kind of looks like a dos screen.

It gives me a message that an error occured so windows has to shut down the computer in order to protect it.

The error I keep getting is BAD_POOL_CALLER

It also says if it's the first time, just restart. If not, make sure new hardware is properly installed. (Which it is).

Does anyone know how I can fix this or what it is.

Thanks

chastity

Staff member
Political User
Well for folks to be of more help you need to list some of the specs of your computer like what version of Windows and any else related to the error message.

chastity

Staff member
Political User
Well Hipster you managed to find a far amount of info for that error but its sad that its that buried on M$ site and also doesn't totally tell a person how to fix it or it does but its a bit over the person knowelge of computers. Here is the best line from the page "This Stop message is typically due to a faulty driver or software." like what else would it be as a lot of hardware problems would keep a system from booting.

Gus K

NTFS abuser
Hmm...

If not, make sure new hardware is properly installed. (Which it is).
That would be my starting point. A complete un-install, including any left over registry entries. Then install once more.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qotipory