Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

I have a ATI Radeon 9600, will this game run on it, nicely or anything?

Yes max draw distance is turned on, and I have upped the amout of ugrids to load from 5 to 7 which actually changes the total grids from 25 to 49. Its ugrids squared. From this thread

odd5cq.jpg

Bman™ said:
I have a ATI Radeon 9600, will this game run on it, nicely or anything?

i dont think so. i heard a 9700 pro wont run it as the game just wont let the game run using a 9700 pro.

Well, after some hard searching I found a list of what the game supports, and the 9600 is supported, as same as about 2 or more cards below that one.

The cpu needs to be abit higher though..

VenomXt said:
i dont think so. i heard a 9700 pro wont run it as the game just wont let the game run using a 9700 pro.

I have a friend who runs the game fine on his 9700 pro not max settings but it runs , in some places it stutters a little but this is normal Oblivion is a hard game to run on some setup's.

The game can bring any setup to its knees, its just a matter of balancing what it looks like.

Well I picked up this game, no idea when I will actually get to play it though!

VenomXt said:

My little bro is running it on a 2800+ and a 9550.

Its at 640*480 tho:nervous: , bah its not even that bad looking.

Bman, I have a mid/low range PC the specs of:

1GB RAM
ATI FX 9600XT
AC97 onboard sound
P3.2 Ghz

And it runs fine for the most part, although it can be a bit laggy when lots of things are on the screen at once. Its usually as smooth as marble in dungeons though. But, and this is a big but, you can really customise this game in terms of the graphical settings such as draw distance and buffer sizes in the ini file that should be in C:\Documents and Settings\yourprofile\My Games\Oblivion\Oblivion.ini so it should run on most systems.

Personally its worth tweaking the grass draw distance so its lower than the default anyway, as at the moment things can die and disappear into the grass in the wilderness which is daft IMO.

The thing I love the most about this game is that your character really is customisable to how you want to play, like I've gone the heavy sword wielder / magic caster (spellsword) route but its equally possible to play a good thief with critical hits, a shadowy magic user, a ninja, a Paladin etc. If you unhappy with your start skills you can always make your own class which is another plus.

Its one of the latest games that has more content over style, althought the style itself is full.

Oh, if you want an example of the games humour play the first fighters guild mission and comapre it when you've finished to the Morrowind first fighters guild mission. A slight joke on the RPG Genre as well as an injoke at itself.

Last edited:
im gettin the game later. i have a p4 3.2ghz 512mb ram and a ati radeon 9200 128mb. will it be ok?

bob the 9200 really wont be able to take it, i think its time for an upgrade, i also don't think the 9600 will run it well if at all.

Just because the box says it will run the lowest card, doesn't mean it will. usually the recommended settings really are the lowest settings you need.

Alright, so I just got the game. I friggin love it, it's amazing. Except that it really sucks playing it with my 9600, can't wait to get my new computer.

Amazing game!!

what card do you reccomend i get. not too expensive please.

bob what price range are you looking at? and agp or pci-e?

erm...around 100 and what? i think the same as i have now. dont no what that is.

bob in no way could a card that costs 100 get you anything.

i saw this http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00070GX4A/qid=1144175317/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_1_4/203-8078625-1772768

its an asus 6600gt, it will probably run the game but for another 100 you could get something far better.

for a 176 you could get a 6800gs 512mb, that would be a pretty good buy for you, i am assuming you have an agp board.

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4152&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=6800gs&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Does anybody play this game in full specs, full resolution and all?

If so, how amazing does this game look?

i started playing morrowind last night, but then i'm probably not going to continue as i want to play oblivion and i don't have the time for both, but i thought MW still looked pretty good especially the rain drops in the ocean pretty cool, so now i know oblivion is going to look sick.

I'm upgrading my present system, giving it to the wife then building something spectacular.....hopefully :)

I play oblivion maxed out on my setup - its pretty sweet unless I look at a clump of rocks :)

1600x1200 really does it justice by the way :D

This game really is the bomb, it is even better than I thought it was going to be. It's like Morrowind but with all the problems completely ironed out and some of the best graphics I have ever seen. Such a fantastic game!
BTW, has anyone in the UK had trouble finding the limited edition version? I haven't seen many online, and now they're going for £85! I managed to get one in HMV of all places for £35, which was a bargain considering I couldn't actually get one on play.com (my order was "waiting for stock" last I heard) or amazon. I think GAME were selling them for £45!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back