Ecleanup.com, what do you think?

do you like ecleanup.com

• Total voters
Truthfully, I thought this was a massive e-recycling center.

Hmmm, since I'm going to be a 1-man show so to speak, I think I could just refer to myself as a consultant or whatever I want to do. I checked, and www.derekrose.net is available. I met the guy a few years back who has www.derekrose.com and I can't get it :)

I don't care about having my full name out there, mostly I want to use it as a tool to market myself.

Thoughts?

How about amalgamating the two roots into one so that its clear what you are about and includes something of your name there - I tried a few variations and drstech.net seems to be available (which is a quick abbreviation for Derek Rose Services tech.net)

Dublex said:
How about amalgamating the two roots into one so that its clear what you are about and includes something of your name there - I tried a few variations and drstech.net seems to be available (which is a quick abbreviation for Derek Rose Services tech.net)

Yeah, maybe, but I need to decide what I want either. Good suggestion though :)

KCNYCHIEF, you wouldn't perhaps be from the KC area or have family there would you?

ph34r

To be totally honest, when I saw the thread name I thought it was a link to some page that does environmental cleanup. Did not even cross my mind for a second that it was related to computers.

kcnychief said:
Yeah, maybe, but I need to decide what I want either. Good suggestion though :)

Well, once you have decided what you want your service to be and represent it should be too hard to find a domain name that meets your needs :)

Dublex said:
Well, once you have decided what you want your service to be and represent it should be too hard to find a domain name that meets your needs :)

I believe I have...

I'm going with http://www.derekjrose.com I have registered, but it's not yet active. To view it now, go to http://box32.bluehost.com/~derekros/

I just finished installing WordPress, so it's going to be hot, just haven't done it yet. Please bare with me while I'm designing :)

fimchick said:
To be totally honest, when I saw the thread name I thought it was a link to some page that does environmental cleanup. Did not even cross my mind for a second that it was related to computers.

heh, yeah i have been getting that alot...

Steevo said:
KCNYCHIEF, you wouldn't perhaps be from the KC area or have family there would you?

ph34r

Nope, sorry. I live in MA. The story is that I L-O-V-E Sports, KC=Kansas City, NY=New York, CHIEF=Chiefs.

My two fav teams, KC Chiefs (Football), NY Yankees (Baseball)

Move the date abit left

I would get rid of the Archives, Categories etc from the right hand side and have them at the top with a drop down menu

Change the font of the Calender to Terminal think thats the font looks better imo

Thats what i would do :p

Other than that looks good nice colors and clean looking

paul2-0-0-2 said:
Move the date abit left

I would get rid of the Archives, Categories etc from the right hand side and have them at the top with a drop down menu

Change the font of the Calender to Terminal think thats the font looks better imo

Thats what i would do :p

Other than that looks good nice colors and clean looking

Good suggestions, however I'm NOT good at coding, and I'm trying to muddle on through :(

That is the code I'm working with, i'm doing this between alot of other things at work, but if anyone wants to help that's cool :)

<div id="rightContent">
<?php if (function_exists('wp_theme_switcher')) { ?>
<li><h2><?php _e('Themes'); ?></h2>
<?php wp_theme_switcher(); ?>
</li>
<?php } ?>
<?php /* If this is a category archive */ if (is_category()) { ?>
<p><?php printf( __('You are currently browsing the %1$s weblog archives for the \'%2$s\' category.'), '<a href="' . get_settings('siteurl') .'">' . get_bloginfo('name') . '</a>', single_cat_title('', false) ) ?></p>

<?php /* If this is a yearly archive */ } elseif (is_day()) { ?>
<p>You are currently browsing the <a href="<?php echo get_settings('siteurl'); ?>"><?php echo bloginfo('name'); ?></a> weblog archives
for the day <?php the_time('l, F jS, Y'); ?>.</p>

<?php /* If this is a monthly archive */ } elseif (is_month()) { ?>
<p>You are currently browsing the <a href="<?php echo get_settings('siteurl'); ?>"><?php echo bloginfo('name'); ?></a> weblog archives
for <?php the_time('F, Y'); ?>.</p>
<?php /* If this is a yearly archive */ } elseif (is_year()) { ?>
for the year <?php the_time('Y'); ?>.</p>

<?php /* If this is a monthly archive */ } elseif (is_search()) { ?>
<p>You have searched the <a href="<?php echo get_settings('siteurl'); ?>"><?php echo bloginfo('name'); ?></a> weblog archives
for <strong>'<?php echo wp_specialchars($s); ?>'</strong>. If you are unable to find anything in these search results, you can try one of these links.</p>
<?php /* If this is a monthly archive */ } elseif (isset($_GET['paged']) && !empty($_GET['paged'])) { ?>
<p>You are currently browsing the <a href="<?php echo get_settings('siteurl'); ?>"><?php echo bloginfo('name'); ?></a> weblog archives.</p>
<?php } ?>

<?php wp_list_pages('title_li=<h2>' . __('Pages') . '</h2>' ); ?>

<h2>Search the Site</h2><?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/searchform.php'); ?>

<!-- Author information is disabled per default. Uncomment and fill in your details if you want to use it.
<h2><?php _e('Author'); ?></h2>
<p></p>
-->
<p>
<?php get_calendar(); ?>
<h2><?php _e('Archives'); ?></h2>
<ul class="sideList">
<?php wp_get_archives('type=monthly'); ?>
</ul>

<h2><?php _e('Categories'); ?></h2>
<ul class="sideList">
<?php list_cats(0, '', 'name', 'asc', '', 1, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0,'','','','','') ?>
</ul>

<!-- Technorati Search -->
<form method="get" action="http://technorati.com/cosmos/search.html" style="width:13em;text-align:left">
<fieldset style="padding:4px">
<legend><a href="<A href="http://technorati.com/">Technorati</a">http://technorati.com/">Technorati</a> search</legend>
<input type="hidden" name="sub" value="searchlet" />
<input style="width:12em" type="text" name="url" maxlength="255" value="" />
<label style="display:block;padding-top:3px" for="ts_yb" title="">
<input type="radio" checked="checked" name="from" id="ts_yb" value="" />
this blog</label>
<label style="margin-right:.2em" for="ts_www">
<input type="radio" name="from" id="ts_www" value="" /> all blogs</label>
<input type="submit" value="Search" class="search" />
</fieldset>
</form>
<!-- End search -->
<?php get_links_list(); ?>
<?php /* If this is the frontpage */ if ( is_home() || is_page() ) { ?>

<h2><?php _e('Meta'); ?></h2>
<ul class="sideList">
<?php wp_register(); ?>
<li><?php wp_loginout(); ?></li>
<li><a href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer" title="<?php _e('This page validates as XHTML 1.0 Transitional'); ?>"><?php _e('Valid <abbr title="eXtensible HyperText Markup Language">XHTML</abbr>'); ?></a></li>
<li><a href="<A href="http://gmpg.org/xfn/"><abbr">http://gmpg.org/xfn/"><abbr title="XHTML Friends Network">XFN</abbr></a></li>
<li><a href="http://wordpress.org/" title="<?php _e('Powered by WordPress, state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.'); ?>">WordPress</a></li>

<?php wp_meta(); ?>
</ul>

<?php } ?>

<p>

</div>

EDIT: Wow, easier to look at this in a bigger area, hmm...

Boring, run of the mill. Look forward to seeing progress KC, I know it's not finished.

I agree with Paul on the config of the 'sections'

Mastershakes said:
Boring, run of the mill. Look forward to seeing progress KC, I know it's not finished.

I agree with Paul on the config of the 'sections'

I know it's boring right now, but after I get it setup the way I want I will FLOOD it with content :) Don't worry, I have stuff that has been sitting for awhile :)

EDIT: Also can't wait to change "MCP" to "MCSA" and eventually "MCSE" I might have my MCSA after this Saturday *hopes*

I hate programming. The few things I have put togeather were mostly jokes, tests, or I ripped off coding from a site to put my own creation togeather.

And the only reason I asked about the KC area is my name is Stephen Rose, and I have realation around KC.

But anyway, what about Compuclean.??? I haven't checked availability.

Steevo said:
I hate programming. The few things I have put togeather were mostly jokes, tests, or I ripped off coding from a site to put my own creation togeather.

And the only reason I asked about the KC area is my name is Stephen Rose, and I have realation around KC.

But anyway, what about Compuclean.??? I haven't checked availability.

I hate programming too, I really do. But I figure once I get the layout down I can just add posts, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

About the relatives, I don't have anyone on this Continent (I love saying that) with my last name that is related. My Dad is from the UK

I also don't need CompuClean, I'm going to stick with just myself as an entity, consulting, self-promotion, etc.

Mastershakes said:
GL chico. ;)

Thanks for the wishes :) I'm taking 2 exams Friday and a 3rd on on Saturday :eek:

kcnychief said:
About the relatives, I don't have anyone on this Continent (I love saying that) with my last name that is related. My Dad is from the UK
Heh, that's interesting. On the other hand, everyone with my last name is related to me. And there is only one other person in the world with the same first and last name as mine. :)

NetRyder said:
Heh, that's interesting. On the other hand, everyone with my last name is related to me. And there is only one other person in the world with the same first and last name as mine. :)

Yeah, it's cool. I actually have chatted with the other Derek Rose, who has www.derekrose.com. I tried to purchase it from him, but he said the people who run Derek Rose pajamas have already offered mucho cash and he turned it down. Oh well :)

Hey Nets, feel like helpin a brother out with some coding?

EDIT: I just had an idea, I could load this .php into Dreamweaver when I get home and probably have a better luck with it because it will be graphical. Thoughts?

I know Frontpage adds crap code to it but I don't think DW does...

EDIT 2:
I got the code down to this...

<div id="rightContent">
<h2>Search the Site</h2><?php include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/searchform.php'); ?>
<?php get_calendar(); ?>
<?php get_links_list(); ?>
<?php /* If this is the frontpage */ if ( is_home() || is_page() ) { ?>
<h2><?php _e('Links'); ?></h2>
--Insert Links Here--
<?php } ?>

</div>

Looks much better on the code standpoint, which pretty much takes care of right. I assume the date is in the header....

EDIT: Found the date string....

<li class="right"><?php echo date("F d, Y"); ?> at <?php echo date("g:i A"); ?></li>

I changed "right" to "center" and it moved allllllll the way over directly to the right of the last menu item, no space at all. Bummer!

Last edited:
The page looks good. Keep it up!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back