Dynamic Hard Drive???

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I installed my friend's hard drive into my computer as a slave. It was a slave in his as well, no operating system, just files. My XP does not have it listed in My Computer. I checked the disk manager and it is listed there as "Dynamic" and "Foreign". I right click on it, and it gives me the choice to convert it to basic mode, but by doing so I will erase all info. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance.....

Heeter

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
I guess my question is this:

How come it works just fine in my friend's tower? (From where it is originally from). What does dynamic mean in this case?

Heeter

Make sure the bios detects the drive. I think I remember that happening to me when Windows was seeing a drive, but didn't know what it was because the biod didn't detect it.

cpugeniusmv

Computer Genius
somehow, the partition on it was converted from a basic partition to a dynamic disk.

and for reasons unknown to me (i'm sure it's in some obscure KB article) you can only access that data on the computer where it was converted from basic to dynamic.

a lot of cool things can be done with dynamic disk, but you are limited in that you can't really reinstall with it or swap it to another computer.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dopexoity