Dust Spray

-seek-

OSNN Addict
Hello,

Is it ok to use that desk dust spray can for the insides of your computer and the chips?

I use it all the time ;) Comp hasnt broken yet

make sure u spray upright, because if u dont, some liquid will come out

themafia.69 said:
make sure u spray upright, because if u dont, some liquid will come out

I do that to ants that are on my desk. Its fun to freeze them :). I gave them a fair warning though, I put up a sigh that said "Any ants caught trespassing will be frozen"

depends on which part you are talking about :p

ok so u didnt really put a sign, and u do spray them

zeke_mo said:
I do that to ants that are on my desk. Its fun to freeze them :). I gave them a fair warning though, I put up a sigh that said "Any ants caught trespassing will be frozen"

rah!! you have ants on your desk? :p
I once caught some green insect in my room, not sure how it got in but it ended up in a plastic Evian bottle which I later sprayed with the dust spray. hehe ;)

terminator2.jpg

Re: "Dust Spray"

First off just to clarify it a bit--it's more commonly known as 'compressed air' or even 'air-in-a-can' not 'dust spray' (which sounds like awful stuff). ;)

Secondly, yes make sure you do not tilt the can when you spray as it will spray a liquid that will ruin your components and burn like mad if you get it on you. Also, no need to jam the straw into components of fans to get them clean--a little dust residue is ok, it's the major build up you want to be weary of and you don't need to be close to disperse that.

Thirdly, how wicked could you be to spray innocent little ants! I guess the sign is a bit redeeming but tell me you wrote it in their native tongue. =)

Don't forget, DON'T spray directly on the fins of ANY of the fans inside the system as this may cause the fans to spin at excessive speeds which may damage and cause the fan to fail.

I always hold the fan when I am cleaning it so it doesnt spin. Sometimes it slips and man is it fun to watch :)

ethyl flouride works really well on all manner of insects....

you should spray out the computer at least twice a year.

I use a ReAir can as chemicals bother me. :p I got one w/ a bike hand pump kinda thing and was much cheaper @ CompUSA but they don't have it listed anymore now. :(

Also don't hold the spray on any part long enough to frost them over. The water will condense and can cause the system to nto work or if you're really unlucky kill it.

Short controlled bursts, like with an AK or Uzi.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back