• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Dungeon Siege Resolution

I just found out that alot of people didn't know this so I thought I'd share.

For somereason Microsoft/Gas decided current hardware wasn't capable of handling dungeon siege at 1280x1024 so they didn't make it an option on the menu..to rectify this just goto

documents and settings/username/my documents/dungeon siege

and edit the dungeonsiege.ini change the resolution string to 1280x1024 and next time you play it will pop up a warning right before it gets to the "preparing world" screen, but just ignore it :)

I'll tell you on my GF4 it looks BEAUTIFUL and greatly makes up for the fact that Dungeon siege doesn't load right with AA enabled.

D

da rock

thinking about buying ds ,but what do you mean about not loading right with A.A running?:cool:

Dungeon Siege Won't load if you have Anti-Aliasing on..the game looks beautiful either way, and ya have to have a geforce 3 or 4 to even be able to play it with it set to on. should be fixed in a patch soon i'm sure.

N

nubs

no no no

Don't buy the game unless you know that you are buying it for the mods that will be coming out. The game itself is a diablo 2 clone with superior graphics. The story is non-existent. The sound is beautiful, but something is lacking from the game itself. Lots of people cheat, the game-play is totally repetative. Can only play with 8 people and if one of those persons lags, the entire group of 8 suffers from constant resynchronizing. the fact that this game was designed for mods is the one thing that makes me glad I baught it, though it might be some time before they come out.

I disagree nubs. There is a story, much better than the one in Diablo II. The game has some parallells to Diablo, but so what? That was a great game. They have improved many thing compared to Diablo, including the graphics. I grew tired of Diablo II pretty fast but Dungeon Siege is really alot of fun. The graphics draw alot of power, sure, but i can successfully run it on my dads TNT2 (640x480x16 though...). I get about 20-25 FPS there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies