Dungeon Siege Resolution

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
I just found out that alot of people didn't know this so I thought I'd share.

For somereason Microsoft/Gas decided current hardware wasn't capable of handling dungeon siege at 1280x1024 so they didn't make it an option on the menu..to rectify this just goto

documents and settings/username/my documents/dungeon siege

and edit the dungeonsiege.ini change the resolution string to 1280x1024 and next time you play it will pop up a warning right before it gets to the "preparing world" screen, but just ignore it :)

I'll tell you on my GF4 it looks BEAUTIFUL and greatly makes up for the fact that Dungeon siege doesn't load right with AA enabled.

thinking about buying ds ,but what do you mean about not loading right with A.A running?:cool:

Dungeon Siege Won't load if you have Anti-Aliasing on..the game looks beautiful either way, and ya have to have a geforce 3 or 4 to even be able to play it with it set to on. should be fixed in a patch soon i'm sure.

Thanks for the tip Qumahlin. The eye candy is sweeter than ever.

no no no

Don't buy the game unless you know that you are buying it for the mods that will be coming out. The game itself is a diablo 2 clone with superior graphics. The story is non-existent. The sound is beautiful, but something is lacking from the game itself. Lots of people cheat, the game-play is totally repetative. Can only play with 8 people and if one of those persons lags, the entire group of 8 suffers from constant resynchronizing. the fact that this game was designed for mods is the one thing that makes me glad I baught it, though it might be some time before they come out.

I disagree nubs. There is a story, much better than the one in Diablo II. The game has some parallells to Diablo, but so what? That was a great game. They have improved many thing compared to Diablo, including the graphics. I grew tired of Diablo II pretty fast but Dungeon Siege is really alot of fun. The graphics draw alot of power, sure, but i can successfully run it on my dads TNT2 (640x480x16 though...). I get about 20-25 FPS there.

don't worry zedric. i'm running it at 1024 x 768 on a gf2 gts 64mb and i'm only getting 33.5fps...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back