Doom 3 - Now Gold?

2 things:

1) E.D. is right the only two systems worth playing games on are PC and GC. It's really the only way to get 2 different gaming experiences. PS2 and Xbox just get PC games at different times, GC gets GOOD exclusive nintendo titles (Metroid, Zelda, Mario...).

2) Why the f*ck doesn't anyone care about Black and White 2. Am I the only one who upgraded my system for that and not HL2 or Doom 3. Granted I am excited about these upcoming titles, but Black and White is still my number 1 must play.

P.S.: sorry for the tangent.

To begin with, I'm glad to hear Doom 3 has finally gone gold, AND it's first review from PC Gamer is excellent! :D I've been excited about this game for a while.

Black & White 2. I'd love to play this game as well. It looks great, and I enjoyed the first one. Most probably, people are more hyped about Doom 3 and Half-life 2 than B&W2 because they are that much more well known, widely played, hence more popular. Plus, Doom 3 and Half-life 2 will be out before B&W2. Nonetheless, B&W2 is also on my want-list.

Just got to wait a few more weeks for Doom. :D

Ohzopants said:
1) E.D. is right the only two systems worth playing games on are PC and GC. It's really the only way to get 2 different gaming experiences. PS2 and Xbox just get PC games at different times, GC gets GOOD exclusive nintendo titles (Metroid, Zelda, Mario...).

If you truely believe that, then you haven't played enough Xbox or PS2 games.

actually, i've played some X-Box and PS2 games. half the time the two systems share the same game titles. PS2 is just nuts, going onto what, Final Fantasy 11? or is 12 out soon? maybe 13? i don't know, and don't care. that's going on too damn long. Plus, the titles of the game never change. seems like the only time their name ever changed was when they WEREN'T on PS2. i'd much rather play the next coming Zelda, or Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, than Halo or FF or any of those other "popular" games any day. Yes, i used to have Halo for PC. key words there are "used to". got sick of that game awful fast, and traded it in at EB for a pre-order of HL2. practically no custom maps of your own, if you modified the game and hosted the server, only you could see it even if the other people had it modified the EXACT SAME WAY. The only map i enjoyed in that entire game was Death Island. even BloodGulch didn't thrill me that much. I'd rather play the BloodGulch map made for UT2004 than play Halo.

Look at what I've started :p

ED: Well you played the PC version of Halo which blew compared to the Xbox version...that's all I have to say. It's great that you'd play any Nintendo game over a PS2 or Xbox game, I wouldn't. Everyone has different tastes...therefore different favorite games/consoles/graphics cards/cereal.

how can you say that the PC version "blew" compared to the X-Box version? they're the same exact damn thing except pc version uses mouse and keyboard.

So does the xBox version? But yeah, the so called port of Halo to the Pc is appalling.

Doesn't Halo just blow? "Much ado about nothing" :D

Doom 3 I am looking forward to because it was DOOM that was really one of the first PC games I really played alot. HL2 I am also excited about all this one is gonna be better then the other stuff I will leave for others ... Right now I am hooked solid on both Farcry and Painkiller both are FANTASTIC looking games Painkiller is my temp fix to DOOM 3 urges ...... for anyone who has not tried either Farcry or Painkiller your missing out on 2 great games, until we get both Doom 3 and HL2

:0)

ElementalDragon said:
how can you say that the PC version "blew" compared to the X-Box version? they're the same exact damn thing except pc version uses mouse and keyboard.

Crappy framerate, graphics weren't as good if you didn't have a decent PC, they also ruined the multiplayer by introducing Banshees...I could go on. Gearbox really screwed it up.

@Dave and Xie: STFU pls :p

I used to play Wolfenstein then I remember reading about how this new game called Doom was coming out and I was mad cos I thought someone was copying iD software and releasing a game that was almost identical.

Then I found it was by iD software and ooh that photo realistic screenshot of the shotgun.

Not only that, but this was back in the days when games came out as Shareware so we could play a 1/3rd or 1/4th of the game before it was even released!

@EP ... haha ... photorealistic screenshot? lol.

to me, the banshee made Multiplayer fun, especially on death island. rather enjoyed having the Dogfights. another reason i hated it is cause it DID have a crappy framerate depending on what level u played on, which is why i loved death island so much.

Electronic Punk said:
Not only that, but this was back in the days when games came out as Shareware so we could play a 1/3rd or 1/4th of the game before it was even released!
Games also came on a floppy or 2 instead of a DVD or more :p

well.... no game so far needed 2 DVD's to INSTALL and work properly. If i'm wrong, please correct me, but as far as i know UT2k4 was the first to use 2 DVD's, but only the first one HAD to be installed. second one was only really movies and stuff.

Link stolen from /. but here

Todd Hollenshead, id's chief executive, said Doom 3 will require:

• A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500.
• 384 megabytes of memory.
• Two gigabytes of hard drive space.
• An nVidia GeForce 3 graphics card or better; or an ATI Technologies 8500 or better.

The game will not come on DVD
and why is everyone so interested in the minimum specs :devil:

Because not everyone has a whore of a machine like yours :p

Doesn't seem like the graphics cards match w/ the RAM & CPU specs .. or is it just me?

Members online

Latest forum posts

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
junebutlertd
Back