Does this Email look legit??

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I got this email from MSN. It looks legit. I expanded the header as well. The "Secure Form" wording is a link, although I have not clicked on it yet. I have been hearing about phishing. Your thoughts..

I forgot to add that I do not pay for any MSN services, and this came from the MSN payment services department, as noted on bottom of email.

Heeter

Attachments

Kush

High On Life!
heyllll nizzle tiz fake, they would never want to ask u that, btw where does the link take u to if it is clicked

Un4gIvEn1

OSNN Veteran Addict
if you notice it says it was received from cpe-66.65.216.32.nycap.res.rr.com This is a roadrunner cable address. It most certainly is not a real e-mail. I would do more than just delete it. I would report it to the admins.

egghead

Double O Egghead
don't click the links... ever.

Some of these scammers trap the link to their website to take all advantages of exploits found in internet explorer.

Clicking the link using internet explorer can instantly result inm an invisible trojan keylogger installed in the background of your machine.

I

inaminit

I've gotten these sort of emails before. I got a couple that purported to be from my bank. The security department at my bank was very greatful when I forwarded the email to them, they especially like getting the header intact, it helps them to chase down the dirty sob's.

Kush

High On Life!
yeah as unforgiven said i would report it and help the battle agaisnt spammers and gay (dont mean homosexuals) people like that

I've had a few emails come in phising of late. evil buggers they are. Most often they have a legitimate link covered by an imagemap that will take you else where while showing the legitimate url in the status bar.

Take a look at the source of the email if you get even the tinyest bit suspicious.

j79zlr

Glaanies script monkey
Political User
I've gotten some pretty good ones from Paypal-related phishing. Don't trust the RECV info, it is very easy to forge.

The point is that pretty much absolutely no company will send you and email like that. When in doubt, go directly to the site, e.g. type in paypal.com, don't click a link in the email.

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
Yea I get these from banks, even from bank that I don't have accounts with, LOL. No matter how legit they look or may even be, I never use the email. I will goto the site myself directly and check the status of things.

j79zlr said:
The point is that pretty much absolutely no company will send you and email like that. When in doubt, go directly to the site, e.g. type in paypal.com, don't click a link in the email.
That was going to be my advice .. you beat me to it. :p Also with sites like paypal they only do https:// so if you see a non-secure paypal link you know for sure it's fake.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut