Disco

AppZapper? I hadn't heard of it yet. My first graphical interface was a Mac LC - I believe it was running OS 6 or 7. Work and life took me from the Mac to the the Windows environment. However, I'm back. A mac mini arrived at work (thank those IT directors now and then) and I realized what I had been missing. So, I went and bought myself a 15" MacBook Pro. Now to play catch up. At least I can use my time on the train commutting to and from work to get back up to speed. So I'll be looking for suggestions.
Thanks,
George

Disco 1.0 is out now. Hooray, Rejoice, Party.... and all that lark.

AppZapper? I hadn't heard of it yet. My first graphical interface was a Mac LC - I believe it was running OS 6 or 7. Work and life took me from the Mac to the the Windows environment. However, I'm back. A mac mini arrived at work (thank those IT directors now and then) and I realized what I had been missing. So, I went and bought myself a 15" MacBook Pro. Now to play catch up. At least I can use my time on the train commutting to and from work to get back up to speed. So I'll be looking for suggestions.
Thanks,
George

My recommended Mac apps

Last edited:
Geffy,

Thanks for the input. Your app descriptions help in deciding if I will install an application. I will be installing AppZapper shortly.
Question: When you have multiple applications that can be used to perform a task (ie, multiple word processing applications) how do you specify which application is the default application? I'm trying to set NeoOffice as the default for word processing. spreadsheets, presentations etc, but MS Office is currently set as the default.

Geffy,

Thanks for the input. Your app descriptions help in deciding if I will install an application. I will be installing AppZapper shortly.
Question: When you have multiple applications that can be used to perform a task (ie, multiple word processing applications) how do you specify which application is the default application? I'm trying to set NeoOffice as the default for word processing. spreadsheets, presentations etc, but MS Office is currently set as the default.

Use Get Info (Control Click) on a document that you want NeoOffice to open by default. There is an Open With section and you can choose to open all documents of that type with the application you specify. Do this for each file type you want NeoOffice to open by default.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back