Disco

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
If you've not heard of Disco, then head over to http://discoapp.com/ , it's basically a disc burning app designed by the guys who made AppZapper (and if you've not heard of AppZapper, where have you been!?).

I just received my beta, and am playing about with it now... so far, very impressed :D anyone else beta testing ?

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
It is such a fun app to use, and I have no idea why. I keep trying to find CDs to burn. Its insane.

Anyways, you got anything that will run Smoke or is it just not ready yet? It says my gfx card is underage as well.

SPeedY_B

It is such a fun app to use, and I have no idea why. I keep trying to find CDs to burn. Its insane.

Anyways, you got anything that will run Smoke or is it just not ready yet? It says my gfx card is underage as well.
The Smoke will work on my iBook, however, I'm yet to try it :)

Explanation:
.....But then came a month of optimization. During this optimization, the smoke algorithms moved from the CPU onto the graphics card, back to the CPU, and then to a hybrid of both. Now, the GPU is acting as a fast parallel processor - it’s doing most of the work, but most of what it’s doing are the science calculations, not just rendering. That’s pretty cool, and my Googling tells me that the science visualization peeps think it’s a good plan, too.

Unfortunately, doing the computation on the GPU means that the GPU needs to be able to talk about floating point numbers. Intel GMA 950 integrated GPUs don’t, which is why we’re not currently supporting Smoke on the new MacBooks and Mac Minis. I hope to have a solution in place that will work on these machines, without the mouse interaction, sometime soon. And, just by the way, the GMA 950 pisses me off. Who doesn’t support floating point textures in 2006!!??
So we can thank Intel for the lack of fun on our Minis and MacBooks. You can read the full background on the smoke here: http://discoapp.com/blog/?p=23

SPeedY_B

LARGE hairy balls. Thankfully the developers are willing to work on it though (I think the volume of MacBook users would mean they'd get more ear-ache for not doing it :D)

SPeedY_B

Looks like the beta will be opened to all on Monday at the introductory price :)

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political User
Used this the other day to make an ISO for X. The Smoke option was available, but nothing happened when I made the image. Does it only smoke when burning a disc?

SPeedY_B

Used this the other day to make an ISO for X. The Smoke option was available, but nothing happened when I made the image. Does it only smoke when burning a disc?
Would make sense... can't make smoke without burning something first :)

SPeedY_B

Just got round to installing this on my iBook, disappointed at the lack of smoke even though dedicated graphics are present... will have to wait for the intel workaround/bodge to see it in the flesh :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samhicks