• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Disabling Thumbnail view

E

ElectricBrain

Everytime I save a picture off the internet and that Save As... window pops up, its always on the Thumbnail view. Is there anyway I can change it so all windows like that open in Details view? Its so annoying that MS didnt include an option to set a customizable default view for these types of windows.

Ive tried deleting these 2 reg settings and it basically didnt work. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

B

Binary

Once you set one folder the way you want, go to Tools > Folder Options > View and set Apply to All Folders.

S

stuy_b

Originally posted by ElectricBrain
Everytime I save a picture off the internet and that Save As... window pops up, its always on the Thumbnail view. Is there anyway I can change it so all windows like that open in Details view? Its so annoying that MS didnt include an option to set a customizable default view for these types of windows.

Ive tried deleting these 2 reg settings and it basically didnt work. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
Right click on the folder in question click customise and change settings accordingly, you can choose the type of folder (docs, pics..music)

B

Binary

Its so annoying that MS didnt include an option to set a customizable default view for these types of windows.
Seems to me he wants to have a setting that applies to all folders. What you give him is the opportunity to set the properties of one specific folder. Other folders will keep their settings. So, I think your answer is not what was asked. OK m9?
:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies