Disabling Thumbnail view

E

ElectricBrain

Everytime I save a picture off the internet and that Save As... window pops up, its always on the Thumbnail view. Is there anyway I can change it so all windows like that open in Details view? Its so annoying that MS didnt include an option to set a customizable default view for these types of windows.

Ive tried deleting these 2 reg settings and it basically didnt work. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

Once you set one folder the way you want, go to Tools > Folder Options > View and set Apply to All Folders.

Originally posted by ElectricBrain
Everytime I save a picture off the internet and that Save As... window pops up, its always on the Thumbnail view. Is there anyway I can change it so all windows like that open in Details view? Its so annoying that MS didnt include an option to set a customizable default view for these types of windows.

Ive tried deleting these 2 reg settings and it basically didnt work. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU

and

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags

Right click on the folder in question click customise and change settings accordingly, you can choose the type of folder (docs, pics..music)

Its so annoying that MS didnt include an option to set a customizable default view for these types of windows.
Seems to me he wants to have a setting that applies to all folders. What you give him is the opportunity to set the properties of one specific folder. Other folders will keep their settings. So, I think your answer is not what was asked. OK m9?
:D

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back