Disable Skype Status

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Is there anyway to disable the Skype status from displaying? In my opinion this is just as bad as the ads because every page I view on the forum it goes out to Skype's web site to get the status. Yesterday I had over 150 hits to Skype's site. And today it's not working (broken images) and it's slowing down OSNN.

Thank you.

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
I mean from this site. EP is making Skype's status available down by the contact icons (for WM, YIM, AIM, etc.).

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Regardless if it's broken. The whole idea behind me wanting ads free viewing was to cut down on the amount of traffic this site consumes when I am viewing from work. My superiors see the same reports I do and I don't care if OSNN shows up, but the ads and now the Skype status is another thing.

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
The other icons (Y!, AIM, MSNM) don't check for status do they?!

Silly fecker vB devs. I'm sure there must be a way to turn it off. *slaps EP*

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Y!, AIM, and MSNM do not check status. I'm sure some think I am being an ass about this, but it's just as annoying as ads when it comes to the stats/reports.

SPeedY_B

You're not being an ass, there's simply no need to probe for the users status.

Where's them admins when you need 'em?

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
SPeedY_B said:
You're not being an ass, there's simply no need to probe for the users status.

Where's them admins when you need 'em?
I think you stole all their badges, they can't get past security :p

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
And I haven't even been on the site as much today... (I highlighted the URL up top)

Last edited:

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Removed the addon while I wait for an answer, hopefully it will be addressed before the next release - where it will be a forced addition.

SPeedY_B

Can't it be disabled that people are allowed to enter their Skype information, in turn pseudo-disabling the feature? (Just in case no answer is presented pre-upgrade and forced feature)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Just a heads up that with the new version of vBullletin came the new Skype system, so I have actually removed it from the template until the issues can be resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut