Disable Skype Status

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Is there anyway to disable the Skype status from displaying? In my opinion this is just as bad as the ads because every page I view on the forum it goes out to Skype's web site to get the status. Yesterday I had over 150 hits to Skype's site. And today it's not working (broken images) and it's slowing down OSNN.

Thank you.

disable contacts' notification on startup?

Some forums also mention the LastSeen plugin or some variation.

I mean from this site. EP is making Skype's status available down by the contact icons (for WM, YIM, AIM, etc.).

Yeh I noticed a few minutes ago that my Skype thingy is broken :(

Regardless if it's broken. The whole idea behind me wanting ads free viewing was to cut down on the amount of traffic this site consumes when I am viewing from work. My superiors see the same reports I do and I don't care if OSNN shows up, but the ads and now the Skype status is another thing.

I know it's an aside, but the image problem seems to be fixed.

The other icons (Y!, AIM, MSNM) don't check for status do they?!

Silly fecker vB devs. I'm sure there must be a way to turn it off. *slaps EP*

Y!, AIM, and MSNM do not check status. I'm sure some think I am being an ass about this, but it's just as annoying as ads when it comes to the stats/reports.

You're not being an ass, there's simply no need to probe for the users status.

Where's them admins when you need 'em?

SPeedY_B said:

I think you stole all their badges, they can't get past security :p

SPeedY_B said:

Ignoring me. =]

And I haven't even been on the site as much today... (I highlighted the URL up top)

Last edited:
Removed the addon while I wait for an answer, hopefully it will be addressed before the next release - where it will be a forced addition.

Can't it be disabled that people are allowed to enter their Skype information, in turn pseudo-disabling the feature? (Just in case no answer is presented pre-upgrade and forced feature)

If it comes to that, I can just remove it from the template.

Thank you EP. I appreciate the fix.

Just a heads up that with the new version of vBullletin came the new Skype system, so I have actually removed it from the template until the issues can be resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back