• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Direct x 9???

Krux

Nissan Powered
I dunno I did and then the skys in CS and DOD started I dunno glitching textures would smear into them hard to explain its real ugly tho!

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
its final... unlikely to really kick performance up but more shaders et al supported in dx9 and more features overall :)

the hardware is also sort of important...

J

Jahya

Originally posted by Krux
see I have a geforce 4 so I think it hossed something for me....
I have a G4 MX 420+ 64meg and haven't noticed any serious issues, but then I'm not a hardcore gamer. The only issue I noticed was since installing DX9, NHL2003 and Madden2003 seem slower (for lack of a better word). Not really choppy or jumpy, just slower.... I don't know how else to explain it.

But newer games like Splinter Cell recommend DX9 and some even require it. And while on the subject of SC, I'm pissed I wasted my money on it... the controls SUCK! It could have been so much better....

Also, I read somewhere the other day that DX9.1 is supposed to be released relatively soon which have a few fixes.

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by Jahya
I have a G4 MX 420+ 64meg and haven't noticed any serious issues, but then I'm not a hardcore gamer. The only issue I noticed was since installing DX9, NHL2003 and Madden2003 seem slower (for lack of a better word). Not really choppy or jumpy, just slower.... I don't know how else to explain it.

But newer games like Splinter Cell recommend DX9 and some even require it. And while on the subject of SC, I'm pissed I wasted my money on it... the controls SUCK! It could have been so much better....

Also, I read somewhere the other day that DX9.1 is supposed to be released relatively soon which have a few fixes.
splinter cell requires dx8/8.1

there is not one game on the market @ the moment in retail form that will use dx9 extensions... not even doom III...

but your card I believe is a dx7 part so some rendering has to be done using more passes and therefore uses more gpu processing therefore renders slower (also done in software therefore slower )

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political User
I have DX 9 and a GF4 Ti 4200. Had no problems installing it, but haven't really seen any differences in performance. I just like staying up-to-date.

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix