Direct x 9???

B

busto

Is Direct X 9 worth downloading??? I'm running a GF4 Ti 4200 128MB

I dunno I did and then the skys in CS and DOD started I dunno glitching textures would smear into them hard to explain its real ugly tho!

its final... unlikely to really kick performance up but more shaders et al supported in dx9 and more features overall :)

the hardware is also sort of important...

And its always good to be up to date and have the latest stuff :D

Skazz

see I have a geforce 4 so I think it hossed something for me....

Originally posted by Krux
see I have a geforce 4 so I think it hossed something for me....

I have a G4 MX 420+ 64meg and haven't noticed any serious issues, but then I'm not a hardcore gamer. The only issue I noticed was since installing DX9, NHL2003 and Madden2003 seem slower (for lack of a better word). Not really choppy or jumpy, just slower.... I don't know how else to explain it.

But newer games like Splinter Cell recommend DX9 and some even require it. And while on the subject of SC, I'm pissed I wasted my money on it... the controls SUCK! It could have been so much better....

Also, I read somewhere the other day that DX9.1 is supposed to be released relatively soon which have a few fixes.

Originally posted by Jahya
I have a G4 MX 420+ 64meg and haven't noticed any serious issues, but then I'm not a hardcore gamer. The only issue I noticed was since installing DX9, NHL2003 and Madden2003 seem slower (for lack of a better word). Not really choppy or jumpy, just slower.... I don't know how else to explain it.

But newer games like Splinter Cell recommend DX9 and some even require it. And while on the subject of SC, I'm pissed I wasted my money on it... the controls SUCK! It could have been so much better....

Also, I read somewhere the other day that DX9.1 is supposed to be released relatively soon which have a few fixes.

splinter cell requires dx8/8.1

there is not one game on the market @ the moment in retail form that will use dx9 extensions... not even doom III...

but your card I believe is a dx7 part so some rendering has to be done using more passes and therefore uses more gpu processing therefore renders slower (also done in software therefore slower )

I have DX 9 and a GF4 Ti 4200. Had no problems installing it, but haven't really seen any differences in performance. I just like staying up-to-date.

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back