Detailed bootup log

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
ok my problem is from 20 to 30 seconds into my system boot, it sits on 100% CPU and does nothing to the naked eye, bootviz states nothing else happens during that 10 second gap. I disabled all networking, even on the firewire channel, but it still does this :s
you can't use the system during this time, pulling up task manager at that time shows no activity as well.

i always assumed this was to do with networking, but seems it might not be.

xp2700, asus A7v8x mobo, 512mb XMs3000
ide controller card 5 maxtor hard drives and 3 cd devices.

USB Broadband.

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
So that means you have disabled the 'workstaion' in services?

Try this also>
1. Go to the control panel/admin tools/.
2. Go to the 'Services' tab, find the 'Background Intelligent Transfer' service, disable it, apply the changes & reboot.

X

XP Abuser

this could be a problem with one of the services if you say its a 20second duration then it could well be that a critical service has failed... im not sure if im rite but windows waits 20seconds to close a service then restarts it back up. could be that

anyways im off to bed my eyes are killing:cool:

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
im gunna re enable everything that event manager spits its dummy at.... theres a couple of things, but im tired and will end up breaking it.. nite nite world try tomorrow nite :)

F

FoSsiL

goto
c:\windows\prefetch\
delete everything in that folder, it will speed ur booting a lot.
prefetch is just a way of keeping a log of ur latest program u used.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut