Detailed bootup log

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
ok my problem is from 20 to 30 seconds into my system boot, it sits on 100% CPU and does nothing to the naked eye, bootviz states nothing else happens during that 10 second gap. I disabled all networking, even on the firewire channel, but it still does this :s
you can't use the system during this time, pulling up task manager at that time shows no activity as well.

i always assumed this was to do with networking, but seems it might not be.

xp2700, asus A7v8x mobo, 512mb XMs3000
ide controller card 5 maxtor hard drives and 3 cd devices.

USB Broadband.

So that means you have disabled the 'workstaion' in services?

Try this also>
1. Go to the control panel/admin tools/.
2. Go to the 'Services' tab, find the 'Background Intelligent Transfer' service, disable it, apply the changes & reboot.

this could be a problem with one of the services if you say its a 20second duration then it could well be that a critical service has failed... im not sure if im rite but windows waits 20seconds to close a service then restarts it back up. could be that

anyways im off to bed my eyes are killing:cool:

im gunna re enable everything that event manager spits its dummy at.... theres a couple of things, but im tired and will end up breaking it.. nite nite world try tomorrow nite :)

bootviz log is 160mb EEK :eek: i was gunna post it but......... :confused:

goto
c:\windows\prefetch\
delete everything in that folder, it will speed ur booting a lot.
prefetch is just a way of keeping a log of ur latest program u used.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back