Desktop Weather?

J

J0sh

Is there anyway to stop Desktop Weather from showing up in Alt-Tab??? Or is there another desktop weather program (not weatherbug :mad: ) that works well?

Thanks!

Josh,

I use coolmon to display weather stats via a vbscript that takes info from weather.com.

i've attached the file i d/loaded to set it up, the file is set for Perth, Australia so you will need the code for your location from weather.com

search for desktop weather on the net its a cool little prog..i have a link to it from my website on my sig in the links section

Originally posted by brodie
Josh,

I use coolmon to display weather stats via a vbscript that takes info from weather.com.

i've attached the file i d/loaded to set it up, the file is set for Perth, Australia so you will need the code for your location from weather.com

How exactly do you set it up in coolmon?

I downloaded the VBS script, but have no clue how to make Coolmon use it...can you explain the process a bit?

i've attached a notepad file with details, but basically you insert lines into coolmon to tell it to read the weather file and display selected text.

i keep getting this error message....i tried to upload as an attachment but had no luck
rrUoWpu4HrsgukjNwwT5IYsSZJ4vqC5z0180.jpg

Originally posted by dino0211
i keep getting this error message....i tried to upload as an attachment but had no luck
rrUoWpu4HrsgukjNwwT5IYsSZJ4vqC5z0180.jpg

Your code for calling up the script should look something like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe "C:\Program Files\DaisyManSoftware\getweather.vbs"

the best way to do this is to go to Coolmon's website and download the zip file for the weather script and follow it's instructions, you will have to modify the script for your zipcode or country code, AND the correct location on your hard drive where the script actually is (like my example above).

The example above is actually the command in task sched. for running the script.

Hope this helps

:D

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back