• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Desktop Weather?

J

J0sh

Is there anyway to stop Desktop Weather from showing up in Alt-Tab??? Or is there another desktop weather program (not weatherbug :mad: ) that works well?

Thanks!

Josh,

I use coolmon to display weather stats via a vbscript that takes info from weather.com.

i've attached the file i d/loaded to set it up, the file is set for Perth, Australia so you will need the code for your location from weather.com

L

loppdawg69

search for desktop weather on the net its a cool little prog..i have a link to it from my website on my sig in the links section

T

Tbird94sc

Originally posted by brodie
Josh,

I use coolmon to display weather stats via a vbscript that takes info from weather.com.

i've attached the file i d/loaded to set it up, the file is set for Perth, Australia so you will need the code for your location from weather.com
How exactly do you set it up in coolmon?

B

bheagle

I downloaded the VBS script, but have no clue how to make Coolmon use it...can you explain the process a bit?

i've attached a notepad file with details, but basically you insert lines into coolmon to tell it to read the weather file and display selected text.

D

dino0211

i keep getting this error message....i tried to upload as an attachment but had no luck

Originally posted by dino0211
i keep getting this error message....i tried to upload as an attachment but had no luck
Your code for calling up the script should look something like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscript.exe "C:\Program Files\DaisyManSoftware\getweather.vbs"

the best way to do this is to go to Coolmon's website and download the zip file for the weather script and follow it's instructions, you will have to modify the script for your zipcode or country code, AND the correct location on your hard drive where the script actually is (like my example above).

The example above is actually the command in task sched. for running the script.

Hope this helps

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grovo_test