Delay Startup items in XP

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Wondering if anyone knew how to delay items in the startup folder from starting right away. I need to stagger a few of them a bit. The only thing I could find was to add "/wait:xx" to the end of the shortcut in the folder. I tried this and it kept saying it was invalid. Just a little help here so I can be smokin again...

i used that before when my pc couldnt cope with loading a zillion things at once. works really well.

I'll give it a shot, but I thought there was a way to do it manually from within windows (if ya haven't noticed, I'm not a big fan of using 3rd party soft when you can do it yourself).

You could setup a batch file and use the pause command, the only thing you cannot specify a time, you have to press a key to continue.

From the help of the main program I'm havining issues with. Also have issues with Samurize, but that's more random.

Start Option may solve some troubles you faced.

Right-click the shortcut of ThroughClock and show the properties. Type the option below one space after the file name in the Target window.

Options you can set are,

/wait:seconds
Use this option in case the Clock appears at different position from previous session. "Seconds" must be typed the number between 0 to 999. The Clock may wait for those seconds to start. 5 to 20 would generally be good to solve your trouble.
/fpu
When you faced an error message about FPU, this option command initializes it and will avoid the trouble.
/ns
This makes the Clock on Windows95 not use Screen Saver Manager.

Start Options do not differ uppercase or lowercase. You can set plural options together with.

you could make a batch file...something to the effect of:

Code:
@echo off
ping -n 61 localhost > nul
start yourprogram.exe

just set the pinger to the number of seconds to wait :)

I'll play around with that. The program above seems to be doing what I want right now, so I'll hang with that for at least a day or two

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back