Dark Messiah of Might And Magic Demo

Petros

Thief IV
Download it here! This is a very nice looking first-person RPG.

Looks like servers are slammed, though. Yay for newsgroups!

More mirrors here.

Last edited:
I thought you gave this genre up? Something to do with the significant other?:D

Anyways, thanks for the link

Started downloading at home this morning, big demo tho.

I thought you gave this genre up? Something to do with the significant other?:D

Anyways, thanks for the link

I love this genre too much to give it up! But I did give up Warcraft (and MMOs in general!). The evil of WoW is that to raid, you are on a schedule. If your wife wants to do somthing Saturday, well that's too bad because you have BWL. Somehow, most women don't think that kind of thing is as great a concept as men do.

A game I can pick up, save, and put back down is much better for the married life.

A game I can pick up, save, and put back down is much better for the married life.

I hear ya! lucky for me my stock answer of " I am making the world a safer place" seems to work... At least until football season, then she says I can't have both. :D

Just started downloading after waiting in line for 38 minutes. I have seen the teaser trailer and my jaw dropped to the floor, as I gasped OMG... it looks amazing. rather lage file though 1.38gb. I do not know what they have done to the engine but, it looks amazing.

Having played the demo, it isn't bad. The graphics are commendable, using bloom to good effect, and the skill system isn't bad either as you can craft your playing style. Also, you can play around with the enviornment alot to get rid of enemies.

The main problems I saw however is that it doesn't feel quite as epic as oblivion as the game runs along a set path, and the AI definiately needs some work, as although they do throw things like crates at you and try to grab you, they keep doing the same attack after attack.

For example, I was at a bit where I kicked an orc down some stairs onto another orc, and it kept trying to come back up the stairs, even though I kicked it down them about 4 times in a row. They just seem a bit too all out attack rather than minding the enviornment or themselves and not Revolutionary as the game claims to be.

Having played the demo, it isn't bad. The graphics are commendable, using bloom to good effect, and the skill system isn't bad either as you can craft your playing style. Also, you can play around with the enviornment alot to get rid of enemies.

The main problems I saw however is that it doesn't feel quite as epic as oblivion as the game runs along a set path, and the AI definiately needs some work, as although they do throw things like crates at you and try to grab you, they keep doing the same attack after attack.

For example, I was at a bit where I kicked an orc down some stairs onto another orc, and it kept trying to come back up the stairs, even though I kicked it down them about 4 times in a row. They just seem a bit too all out attack rather than minding the enviornment or themselves and not Revolutionary as the game claims to be.

There is a long way to go yet and the game has already been set back from the release date of October to November, therefore they have just less than three months to work on the development before it's released. To be honest I can not see this game being released until December because it is obvious there is still a lot of work to be done.

I found the enhanced engine to be extremely hungry, and had to turn all the settings down on my GFX card to default settings because my machine was really struggle to run the game, which is rather odd because my machine is powerful and I have enough power capable of running this game. Ragdoll is impressive and the bodies bounce well when falling off a cliff, I would like to see stealth mode added before the final release so you can sneak up on your attacker a little quieter. Because at the moment it sounds like you have clogs on.

I was impressed with the style of the game although loading levels took a little too long and this could put off some potential purchases of the game. The consol has been disabled, even though it is ticked under the advanced menu. I wanted to look at the console to see if there were the same issues with HL2 because it's basically the same engine, but tweaked to the max. Therefore you can then see what is failing.

If anybody knows how to access the console I would be grateful... It is supposed to be ~ but, I think it might work by adding -console to the end of the launch icon after the program destination or -devconsole.

At the moment I would grade this game 79% this may increase when the game is finally released. The intro is very good and I can see there has been a lot of work put into the intro of the game to impress the viewer, I just hope this is not another developer who has concentrated too much on the intro and the game play itself is very poor indeed.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back