• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CS3 Free/cheap

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Is there away to get the new Adobe CS3 for free, or at least cheaper then what it is normally? I am a student, long time user, and poor.

I will admit my truths, yes many times in the past I have just downloaded it and hacked it, but now that's not even an option, too much work and troubles. I also don't have $2000 to fork over.

Any ideas?

I'm sure there are pre-hacked versions available on the popular sources these days. If you go to uni/college they will probably have student licensing available too. Go stop being lazy.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
B, pricing/licensing is good for students. No matter how young or old.
alright, I'll give it a shot

Thanks.

and zero, those are all in pounds (or whatever that is) so I am assuming I wouldn't be able to get those prices here anyways.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
A co-worker of mine just bought CS3 for 199 since he is a student. Only pitfall is you can't upgrade the academic versions, but if you save that much I'm sure that isn't much of a concern. He said there is a version for student/faculty/administration that is like $299 but a $199 for students only.

No need to link to the site, just search for academic software on google and there are ****loads of sites. Back in the day when I used to do this, all you needed to do was to send them a copy of your student ID or current schedule. However, he said he had to plug in his social security number now and they have some sort of student DB :eek:

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political User
Yes but is that only for college/uni students? I am still finishing up highschool as a co-op student.

Nope ... all you need is a student ID card from an accredited school. Check out sites like "journey ed" (tho they irritate me) ... I get my school-related software from a place down the street that also has a site ... Just do a search for local retailers that offer the "educational versions" of s/w.

You can also find it on eBay.

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
Thanks for the answer, I never even thought about eBay lol

I can't see eBay being much cheaper anyways.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Well eBay is a good idea, you can also buy academic versions there without an ID (although for legal reasons, the auctions have to say they will make you verify you are a student after although they never do).

robry

OSNN One Post Wonder
if your gonna buy cs3, tiger direct had a special a while ago, where you could get it with c4d which was pretty incredible.

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political User
My favorite source for educational software is Creation Engine. They're right down the street from me, but also have a website. Good, fair prices and seem to have everything I want always available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies