CS3 Free/cheap

N

Not Bman

Is there away to get the new Adobe CS3 for free, or at least cheaper then what it is normally? I am a student, long time user, and poor.

I will admit my truths, yes many times in the past I have just downloaded it and hacked it, but now that's not even an option, too much work and troubles. I also don't have $2000 to fork over.

Any ideas?

LordOfLA

Godlike!
I'm sure there are pre-hacked versions available on the popular sources these days. If you go to uni/college they will probably have student licensing available too. Go stop being lazy.

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
Adobe offers deeply discounted versions for students. Call sales.

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
B, pricing/licensing is good for students. No matter how young or old.

N

Not Bman

B, pricing/licensing is good for students. No matter how young or old.

alright, I'll give it a shot

Thanks.

and zero, those are all in pounds (or whatever that is) so I am assuming I wouldn't be able to get those prices here anyways.

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
A co-worker of mine just bought CS3 for 199 since he is a student. Only pitfall is you can't upgrade the academic versions, but if you save that much I'm sure that isn't much of a concern. He said there is a version for student/faculty/administration that is like $299 but a $199 for students only.

No need to link to the site, just search for academic software on google and there are ****loads of sites. Back in the day when I used to do this, all you needed to do was to send them a copy of your student ID or current schedule. However, he said he had to plug in his social security number now and they have some sort of student DB :eek:

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political Access
Yes but is that only for college/uni students? I am still finishing up highschool as a co-op student.

Nope ... all you need is a student ID card from an accredited school. Check out sites like "journey ed" (tho they irritate me) ... I get my school-related software from a place down the street that also has a site ... Just do a search for local retailers that offer the "educational versions" of s/w.

You can also find it on eBay.

N

Not Bman

Thanks for the answer, I never even thought about eBay lol

I can't see eBay being much cheaper anyways.

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Well eBay is a good idea, you can also buy academic versions there without an ID (although for legal reasons, the auctions have to say they will make you verify you are a student after although they never do).

robry

OSNN Newbie
if your gonna buy cs3, tiger direct had a special a while ago, where you could get it with c4d which was pretty incredible.

AllWeatherGal

Not Just for Fair Weather
Political Access
My favorite source for educational software is Creation Engine. They're right down the street from me, but also have a website. Good, fair prices and seem to have everything I want always available.

N

Not Bman

I have tried those 2 programs, CS3 is what I need.

Thanks for the ideas.

greentea

OSNN Addict
Black Friday is coming , you can have a look maybe you can pick up something there .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AntonioPR