CS3 Free/cheap

N

Not Bman

Is there away to get the new Adobe CS3 for free, or at least cheaper then what it is normally? I am a student, long time user, and poor.

I will admit my truths, yes many times in the past I have just downloaded it and hacked it, but now that's not even an option, too much work and troubles. I also don't have $2000 to fork over.

Any ideas?

I'm sure there are pre-hacked versions available on the popular sources these days. If you go to uni/college they will probably have student licensing available too. Go stop being lazy.

Adobe offers deeply discounted versions for students. Call sales.

B, pricing/licensing is good for students. No matter how young or old.

B, pricing/licensing is good for students. No matter how young or old.

alright, I'll give it a shot

Thanks.

and zero, those are all in pounds (or whatever that is) so I am assuming I wouldn't be able to get those prices here anyways.

A co-worker of mine just bought CS3 for 199 since he is a student. Only pitfall is you can't upgrade the academic versions, but if you save that much I'm sure that isn't much of a concern. He said there is a version for student/faculty/administration that is like $299 but a $199 for students only.

No need to link to the site, just search for academic software on google and there are ****loads of sites. Back in the day when I used to do this, all you needed to do was to send them a copy of your student ID or current schedule. However, he said he had to plug in his social security number now and they have some sort of student DB :eek:

Yes but is that only for college/uni students? I am still finishing up highschool as a co-op student.

Nope ... all you need is a student ID card from an accredited school. Check out sites like "journey ed" (tho they irritate me) ... I get my school-related software from a place down the street that also has a site ... Just do a search for local retailers that offer the "educational versions" of s/w.

You can also find it on eBay.

Thanks for the answer, I never even thought about eBay lol

I can't see eBay being much cheaper anyways.

Well eBay is a good idea, you can also buy academic versions there without an ID (although for legal reasons, the auctions have to say they will make you verify you are a student after although they never do).

if your gonna buy cs3, tiger direct had a special a while ago, where you could get it with c4d which was pretty incredible.

My favorite source for educational software is Creation Engine. They're right down the street from me, but also have a website. Good, fair prices and seem to have everything I want always available.

I have tried those 2 programs, CS3 is what I need.

Thanks for the ideas.

Black Friday is coming , you can have a look maybe you can pick up something there .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back