• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CS: Source now playable

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
until better players move over to source I won't be buying it. plus I'm in czleague so that really the only game I play now

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Needs more lower pinged servers tho.
Just as buggy as the last beta, but its out now so I am sure that stuff will be fixed.

Dublex

Quazatron R6 droid
CS isn't bad - its basically a FPS squad tacticle game - took the world to storm when it was first released as most people had never seen a multiplayer mod like this before.

I always preferred Team Fortress myself though.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Got on a good pinged server last night, played some Aztec and was 30-10 up and was having a great time... a few bugs but I will wait for the dust to settle and teenagers to go back to school, and if it isn't fixed then I'll let valve know somehow.

The English delivered a good drubbing to France I'd say. Source is a lot of fun! Finally got to downloading it and I can't understand why I didn't a long time ago.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
I really want source to be good but the gameplay is just not there yet.

Might be because it's new or that there are updates coming but there are some aspects that drive me nuts, like...
1. footsteps not very audible(huge part of cs 1.6 and cz)
2. no reaction from who you are shooting as in they don't flinch like they used to in 1.6 and cz
3. doesn't quit "feel" the same as the older versions so it will take me time

maybe most of these are personal but I've noticed a few people complaining about point 2
also I finally became a total nerd, loser, the list can go on and started to play cz competetively so I am programed to that way cz plays(www.czleague.net central division first place {as of right now} team Twistedbydesign...(TbD)

ming

OSNN Advanced
Question: Do we need to purchase anything to play this CS:Source game? coz I clicked on the game, and it gave an option to register a game!?!

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
You have to buy Half-life 2 to play CS: Source

1. footsteps not very audible(huge part of cs 1.6 and cz)
Footsteps are very loud in this game. And so are other give away sound effects... I was playing Aztec. Down to 1 vs 1, I was in the block on the CT side of the bridge and I could hear him stomping thru the water underneath, so I sneaked round the corner, got about 2 shots off before he shot me -- he had heard the bridge creak :)

2. no reaction from who you are shooting as in they don't flinch like they used to in 1.6 and cz
Not really noticed too much of a difference there.

3. doesn't quit "feel" the same as the older versions so it will take me time
Every "new" map it has gone to I have fitted right back into, aside from missing features I hae got straight into new maps and have been able to play them knowing exactly where to go. Really loving it :D

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
The dutch were second to experience my erm, wrath.
Notice also the shameless plugging...
Tho that spray sucks... we need djxsiv to make some ;D

Attachments

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies