CS: Source now playable

Got it, played it. Bored of it. Going back to playing solitare

until better players move over to source I won't be buying it. plus I'm in czleague so that really the only game I play now

Needs more lower pinged servers tho.
Just as buggy as the last beta, but its out now so I am sure that stuff will be fixed.

i've never played cs (sue me) but it's just unlocked itself on steam so i might aswell see what all the fuss is about

CS isn't bad - its basically a FPS squad tacticle game - took the world to storm when it was first released as most people had never seen a multiplayer mod like this before.

I always preferred Team Fortress myself though.

Got on a good pinged server last night, played some Aztec and was 30-10 up and was having a great time... a few bugs but I will wait for the dust to settle and teenagers to go back to school, and if it isn't fixed then I'll let valve know somehow.

Errmm...They should have called it CS: Source Beta (With more maps!)

Just visited France so to speak... I love this game :)
Also available is my top-pimptastic spray.
Wow your friends!

Attachments

• vsFrench.jpg
    vsFrench.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 111
The English delivered a good drubbing to France I'd say. Source is a lot of fun! Finally got to downloading it and I can't understand why I didn't a long time ago.

I really want source to be good but the gameplay is just not there yet.

Might be because it's new or that there are updates coming but there are some aspects that drive me nuts, like...
1. footsteps not very audible(huge part of cs 1.6 and cz)
2. no reaction from who you are shooting as in they don't flinch like they used to in 1.6 and cz
3. doesn't quit "feel" the same as the older versions so it will take me time

maybe most of these are personal but I've noticed a few people complaining about point 2
also I finally became a total nerd, loser, the list can go on and started to play cz competetively so I am programed to that way cz plays(www.czleague.net central division first place {as of right now} team Twistedbydesign...(TbD)

Electronic Punk said:
Just visited France so to speak... I love this game :)
Also available is my top-pimptastic spray.
Wow your friends!
You beat Hans Gruber! lol

Question: Do we need to purchase anything to play this CS:Source game? coz I clicked on the game, and it gave an option to register a game!?!

You have to buy Half-life 2 to play CS: Source

1. footsteps not very audible(huge part of cs 1.6 and cz)

Footsteps are very loud in this game. And so are other give away sound effects... I was playing Aztec. Down to 1 vs 1, I was in the block on the CT side of the bridge and I could hear him stomping thru the water underneath, so I sneaked round the corner, got about 2 shots off before he shot me -- he had heard the bridge creak :)

2. no reaction from who you are shooting as in they don't flinch like they used to in 1.6 and cz

Not really noticed too much of a difference there.

3. doesn't quit "feel" the same as the older versions so it will take me time

Every "new" map it has gone to I have fitted right back into, aside from missing features I hae got straight into new maps and have been able to play them knowing exactly where to go. Really loving it :D

I don't mean to pick on the french... :D

Attachments

• vsFrench2.jpg
    vsFrench2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 101
The dutch were second to experience my erm, wrath.
Notice also the shameless plugging...
Tho that spray sucks... we need djxsiv to make some ;D

Attachments

• vsDutch.jpg
    vsDutch.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 120

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back