• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

BGSnow

OSNN One Post Wonder
Folks,

My son has a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra (30GB). Well it was a 30GB when he bought it, but a slight fall and a new hard drive later it is now a 40GB in a 30GB wrapper. We found some instructions how to replace the hard drive, but anyone who has owned a laptop and is familiar with 9MM Hard Drives can probably figure out the replacement process.

The problem we have now is that we can not install the O/S. We were able to format the drive okay, so (most likely) the Hard Drive installation was a success. The problem now seems to be the LiON battery is at 0% charge and will not charge. The O/S will not load unless the batteries are installed and functioning.

It seems that we can buy a new battery for the Nomad, but at just over a yaer old, I was hoping there was some way to "jump start" the original battery to get it to work, at least to get the system started.

If anyone has any ideas, please post them here or respond directly to me BGSnow@yahoo.com

madmatt

Bow Down to the King
Political User
Why didn’t you contact Creative when this happened? I am sure the unit is still under warranty.

Are you sure the internal connections for the battery are tight?

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadgymenu