Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra

BGSnow

OSNN Newbie
Folks,

My son has a Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen Xtra (30GB). Well it was a 30GB when he bought it, but a slight fall and a new hard drive later it is now a 40GB in a 30GB wrapper. We found some instructions how to replace the hard drive, but anyone who has owned a laptop and is familiar with 9MM Hard Drives can probably figure out the replacement process.

The problem we have now is that we can not install the O/S. We were able to format the drive okay, so (most likely) the Hard Drive installation was a success. The problem now seems to be the LiON battery is at 0% charge and will not charge. The O/S will not load unless the batteries are installed and functioning.

It seems that we can buy a new battery for the Nomad, but at just over a yaer old, I was hoping there was some way to "jump start" the original battery to get it to work, at least to get the system started.

If anyone has any ideas, please post them here or respond directly to me BGSnow@yahoo.com

Why didn’t you contact Creative when this happened? I am sure the unit is still under warranty.

Are you sure the internal connections for the battery are tight?

Perhaps take it to a retailer, I am sure they could use at least the display model to charge the battery?

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back