CPU Clocking

hmm not sure pal bc if you are at 450 @ 4.0 then that turns out to be 112.5x4.0 so in thery 112.5x4.5 should be 506mhz and 112.5x5.0 should be 562 now since you did say your bus speed is locked at 100 makes me think that it is going in 50mhz incremints but why it went down couldnt tell you you should be able to go up to 5.5 just make sure she is stable but playing a game for a while and make sure she dont crash.

as for the other jumpers dont even bother bc they will just slow you down again, 100bus and 5.5mulitplier is as high as you can go, not bad for a first time. :D

Thanks for the advice:D tomorrow i'm gonna buy me a new cooler and maybe a new vidcard:D, i only have an onboard one which shares 8mb memory, the chip is from SIS multimedia same as the chipset, i allready bought a good new vidcard but it turned out that i didn't had any AGP cards, and i at that time i didn't knew shit about computers so they fooled me well, i couldn't return the card because i opened the package, i've got one free PCI port though what do you think is a good card? I don't play games like unreal tournament more games like C&C RA2 n stuff but they're so slow now so what is your advice?

hmm...
get a gforce 3 ti series card if they come in pci
if not that...
i think the radeon 8500 comes in pci

for which program for fastfsb you need to sign into your .net passport bc it is a msn group

you think one of those programs could help me? i tried to download them but i can't find the first one and the second isn't working so i dunno, but as i said earlier, like the settings with the jumpers on my mobo don't make any sense, that is if i look at the map packard bell send me:

Four 2-pin jumpers to set bus speed.

Bus Speed JP5 JP6 JP7 JP8
66 OFF ON ON ON
75 OFF ON ON OFF
83 OFF ON OFF ON
90 ON ON ON ON
95 OFF ON OFF OFF
100 OFF OFF ON ON <= this is my setting right now

and as for the multiplier:

Multiplier JP2 JP3 JP4
×1.5/×3.5 OFF OFF OFF
×2/×6 ON OFF OFF
×2.5 ON ON OFF
×3 OFF ON OFF
×4 ON ON ON <= this was the original setting, ran @ 450
×4.5 ON OFF ON <= changed to this, ran @ 400 mhz
×5 OFF ON ON <= now it's on this one, @ 500 mhz
×5.5 OFF OFF ON

So do you think that maybe the information about the jumpercodes given to me by packard bell are incorrect and that if i like used the settings from X 2.5 it actually will run faster as where it is on now, because @ 4.5 the speed fell to 400 mhz, and that @ x4 the speed is 450 mhz, right now the only setting that makes sense is the one where it is on now, x5 @ 500 mhz, so do you think if i tried all the other settings they would give different results?

And does anyone have any other opinions about my vidcard post earlier this thread?

Thanks in advance! :D

okay bud as for the fisrt d/l that speedeasy thing dont even bother i found the d/l once and i can not find it again, and for your jumpers hmmm well you can try them all see what happens thats the only way to know for sure.......bc it is kinda strange it doesnt make any sense.....now did you just put the ×2/×6 ON OFF OFF
x6 on there your self or did pb manual actually say that

just leave it at x5
you can try 5.5 if youd like
and the jumper settings...if u put it on lower...the speed will go down so there's no point in tryin them...im pretty much sure...
its probably just a typo or something

u know i didnt think anything of it either, dont make much sense how could it be x2 and x6 and also how could it have gone down to 400mhz when he set it to x4.5 but be at 450 when it was at x4 weird

Originally posted by vdubVR6
u know i didnt think anything of it either, dont make much sense how could it be x2 and x6 and also how could it have gone down to 400mhz when he set it to x4.5 but be at 450 when it was at x4 weird

x2 and x6
mite b because of a voltage increase
i have that on my old p1
increase the voltage
n the multiplier is increased
BUT I DONT SUGGEST U TRY THAT

:cool: i agree w/ you desimatrix007 uping the volts puts a lot of wear and tear on a processor and adds alot of heat some people say it can give a processor stability when o/c but i dont do it just bc it will raise cpu temps to high

i got my 1.6a to 2.5 me m8 got it to 3.0 on his vapor chiller.

Hey dudes, well i went to the store to buy a new cooler and i ended up with a new mobo from AOpen and a new processor from Intel, Celeron 1.3 ghz, its much better than i had before, also i use my old vidcard that didn't worked before, it's from diamond, stealth III 32 mb, not super but it does the job, and i wanted to ask if there is a program that monitors the heat of my processor? and where can i get programs to change my fsb? my mobo is compatible with heat monitoring...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back